STONE ROSES!

Guest jamesbduk

OMG.

The 'She Bangs the Drums' group are reportedly set to put years of animosity behind them to play 21 UK shows and California's Coachella music festival to mark the 20-year anniversary of their seminal self-titled debut album.

Singer Ian Brown - now a successful solo artist - was the last to sign on for the reunion after reconciling his differences with guitarist John Squire, much to the delight of bassist Gary 'Mani' Mountfield, who is also a member of Primal Scream, and drummer Alan 'Reni' Wren.

A source said: "It's taken a lot of time to get Ian to agree but he's finally signed on the dotted line.

"The rest of the band were up for it, especially when they realised the amount of money on the table."

Last summer, Mani spoke of his desire to reunite the group for their anniversary.

He said: "Me, John and Reni are up for doing it and Ian just needs some working on. It's something I would love to do before we are all fat and bald. Start the campaign."

John quit the group in 1996, shortly before the rest of The Stone Roses decided to part ways, following a disastrous performance at that year's Reading music festival. He and Ian have not spoken to each other since.

Ian has reportedly always felt it should be John who made the first steps towards reconciliation, with the guitarist stubbornly refusing to make the initial move.

OMG.

The 'She Bangs the Drums' group are reportedly set to put years of animosity behind them to play 21 UK shows and California's Coachella music festival to mark the 20-year anniversary of their seminal self-titled debut album.

Singer Ian Brown - now a successful solo artist - was the last to sign on for the reunion after reconciling his differences with guitarist John Squire, much to the delight of bassist Gary 'Mani' Mountfield, who is also a member of Primal Scream, and drummer Alan 'Reni' Wren.

A source said: "It's taken a lot of time to get Ian to agree but he's finally signed on the dotted line.

"The rest of the band were up for it, especially when they realised the amount of money on the table."

Last summer, Mani spoke of his desire to reunite the group for their anniversary.

He said: "Me, John and Reni are up for doing it and Ian just needs some working on. It's something I would love to do before we are all fat and bald. Start the campaign."

John quit the group in 1996, shortly before the rest of The Stone Roses decided to part ways, following a disastrous performance at that year's Reading music festival. He and Ian have not spoken to each other since.

Ian has reportedly always felt it should be John who made the first steps towards reconciliation, with the guitarist stubbornly refusing to make the initial move.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMMMMMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111one!!!111

Is it me or has every quality band that's split reformed in the past five years? RATM, Pumpkins, Blur, Pixies, STP, Happy Mondays and now, finally, THE STONE f**kING ROSES! :rolleyes:

I don't think it'll be them though.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMMMMMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111one!!!111

Is it me or has every quality band that's split reformed in the past five years? RATM, Pumpkins, Blur, Pixies, STP, Happy Mondays and now, finally, THE STONE f**kING ROSES! :D

I don't think it'll be them though.

I have heard the same today, it is supposidly confirmed (where though?) 21 dates ending with V,

I don't think they would head line the main stage, I think it would be in the Arena.

On another note you have no chance or Ian and John not killing each other by the end of 21 tour date, I live in hope and will try to be at each of the 21 gigs but I doubt it.

I have heard the same today, it is supposidly confirmed (where though?) 21 dates ending with V,

I don't think they would head line the main stage, I think it would be in the Arena.

On another note you have no chance or Ian and John not killing each other by the end of 21 tour date, I live in hope and will try to be at each of the 21 gigs but I doubt it.

I wish it were true...a tour is possible, but unlikely. Nobody would be happier than me if they played V...but all this stuff about Arena headliners is just wishful thinking...they could headline any festival they wanted...why would they play a tent, which is effectively the third stage, at V?!?

We should stop talking about it and getting ourselves excited about something that is not gonna happen...headliners next year is a possibility...the Arena this year, no chance!

I wish it were true...a tour is possible, but unlikely. Nobody would be happier than me if they played V...but all this stuff about Arena headliners is just wishful thinking...they could headline any festival they wanted...why would they play a tent, which is effectively the third stage, at V?!?

We should stop talking about it and getting ourselves excited about something that is not gonna happen...headliners next year is a possibility...the Arena this year, no chance!

Seems the majority of the band are in it for the money.

21 dates? Wouldnt be at all surprised if they did V, R&L, and Glasto - and before someone says they couldnt do V and R&L - they're the Stone Roses! it will be the second coming! THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY LIKE! and I doubt anyone would argue.

Tis all rumour atm tho!

Do not get excited, the Stone Roses will never make a comeback Ian Brown is not interested in money, he wants to protect the legacy and has said on numerous occasions that bands should only get back together if they can create the same feeling/impact/new music they did the first time around.

This is just a few journalists trying to sell newspapers picking up on that it was 20 years ago since the first album was released.