Surprise Packages?!

Guest Gaaz

It better be the bloody Fratelli's. They're fantastic and would be more than fit to play main stage. I can honestly envisage them being there. No doubt Reading will pinch them however.

peopleee! now some people have grasped this thread i know, but its about who out of the already confirmed bands will make the crowd go "wow they were better than i thought they would be".. not about bands you want to see at V??! :)

I bloody hope not, they were lame at V two years ago and the same at Glastonbury last year, loved them on record too just didn't seem to deliver the same (or any) energy live,

In terms of the question on who will surprise, I've herd THe Wombats are good live, so probably them and Dizzee Rascal perhaps

The Killers have a great back catalogue, Day & Age is a bit of a grower but not amazing and Sawdust had some truly brilliant (Shadowplay is a Joy Division fav of mine) and lame entries. They are still good as a live show band though.

As for The Ting Tings I heard Be The One and thought they were a bit like Blondie so bought the album (before they were getting mega air time), really disappointed she is so annoying and live on Jools Holland and on festival broadcasts they are missing something like a decent bass line. That's Not My Name sounds like something Aqua or Electric Six (when they're not being funny) would troll out.

I reckon Snow Patrol will be awesome, they were when I saw them recently, Elbow are a bit of a surprise, Wombats are awesome live - much better than studio, The Specials will give massive nostalgia value and hopefully deliver, Ocean Colour Scene are amazing live (in '07 they rocked) and The Happy Mondays are worth seeing just so you can say you saw Bez ;-)

Pendulum

Saw them at Download last year and they were brilliant from the first minute to the last, my only fear is that they will be knackered as thy would have played all the festivals by then.

Wombats

They played in the small tent in 2007 at about 3:00 and before the album was released thet pulled a good crowd and had a great stage presence.

Specials

Didn't manage to see them in their hayday, now that Seasick Steve has gone they are the only decent act on the mainstage on Saturday (Hylands)