Staffs still not sold out

Guest Benj

Just got an email that stated Staffs tickets were still on sale at See.

This must be the longest its taken for them to 'sell out' in yonks mustn't it. Do you think its a sign that people are unwilling to pay the prices or that they're not that keen on the line up.

I had a gander at See and saw that Chelms has sold out all w/e tickets, did these go straight away, as per usual, or did they take a while? I've not kept up to date this year.

This must be the longest its taken for them to 'sell out' in yonks mustn't it. Do you think its a sign that people are unwilling to pay the prices or that they're not that keen on the line up.

I had a gander at See and saw that Chelms has sold out all w/e tickets, did these go straight away, as per usual, or did they take a while? I've not kept up to date this year.

Well V isn't helping the situation by not announcing 50 or more acts and some of the 'confirmed' acts now disappearing. Frankly with all the big names doing tours this summer (Bruce Springsteen, U2, Metallica, AC/DC, etc...) a lot of cash that might have gone to festivals will have gone to these and with the economy up a poo laden stream I think its inevitable these things won't sell out in the future.

Personally I think the acts on the bill at the minute are quite good, but they need some padding out, just hope Seasick Steve hasn't cancelled.

Benj the trouble is a lot of it is atmosphere too, if you book people like The Saturdays you aren't going to get the kind of music fans you would if you booked someone iconic - like The Who or Foo Fighters. It then becomes a vicious cycle as bands won't book and people won't come.

I thought this year was looking less pop when I saw Seasick Steve on, was expecting Springsteen too but neither are going to be there now. Instead its gone back to pop / radio friendly stuff. I've said before V is trying the little bit of everything route because if it goes hard rock it can't compete with Leeds / Reading or Download and Glasto has everything.

Benj the trouble is a lot of it is atmosphere too, if you book people like The Saturdays you aren't going to get the kind of music fans you would if you booked someone iconic - like The Who or Foo Fighters. It then becomes a vicious cycle as bands won't book and people won't come.

It really seems that a lot of regulars aren't going this year, after the decline of the last few years. 05 was one of the best of the 20+ festivals Ive been to, 08 one of the worst. The last 3 years have seen a steady decline and I think a lot of folk have finally had enough.

It would be great if it doesnt sell out this year and they really have to make an effort to get things going again, as it was once a really great weekend