The Killers.

Guest Jonny!

Now I only liked about 3 tracks from their first album, but I hear from a fellow friend who has seen them live that he was completely converted after seeing them live and thinks I will be too. Does anyone else agree? Are they really that good live?

Not a huge fan but thought they were really good at V last time they played... BUT saw them at Reading last year and had to leave half way through - just a dull lifeless set. Could go either way! I suppose last year they had no album to promote so was a case of in and out for the money. On the plus side Doherty's on at the same time so f**k the killers! :blink:

he is? ooo thats tough! the killers aren't musically in the same league as doherty! but a lot of there songs are more anthemic, and there set will surely be much more extravagant due to the fact that there headlining and there musics a lot less accoustic than petes!

I think how good The Killers are live depends on how much the crowd are up for it. I saw them last year at Marlay park and half the crowd were there for Bloc Party who were on first. The reult was alot of songs were just lost amongst the crowd and it was a bit boring at times. Then I saw them at the 02 recently and evryone was there for the killers. It was the best gig Ive ever been to. I'd say they'll be good at V becasue the crowd will be up for it.

I really enjoyed them when they headlined V in '07, they got the crowd up well. Sadly I think their new album is a bit of a grower, its very much a Roxy Music style affair and you have to be into it. I love Sam's Town and Hot Fuss and a couple off of Sawdust (Shadowplay rocks almost as good as the original).

As said they are only as good as the crowd though and need to be bouncing for Flowers to be at his most flamboyant.

I remember thinking he was gonna go up in smoke in '07, he was wearing a glowing lightbulb jacket in the rain on stage!

I love the Killers - thought they were superb at V07, got everybody rocking in the pouring rain, I never wanted it to end.

when they bought out Day and Age I rushed to the shops to buy it and I remember feeling so disappointed after listening to it a couple of times. I then didn't play it for months. I have just started playing it again and can honestly say that I really like it, I love Spaceman and really can't wait to hear them perform that live. I really like Losing Touch and Joy Ride is brilliant, so I it's definitely one of those albums that has grown on me and I find that I can't stop playing it now!!

I think they are going to be even better this year at V, and think that some of their new tracks will be great live. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! xxxxxx

:rolleyes::unsure:

I saw them in 04 thought they were shite then so missed them in 07 last year at Reading I was forced into watching them but gave up after 15 minutes and went and watched the Manics instead (who ere quite frankly amazing) god awful band, why have V got them back after 07 didn't thye play the same song 3 times or soemthing?

Saw them at V '07 - was really looking forward to seeing them but was a tad disappointed! I agree - they have some massive anthemic songs but I hated the way they had a mini break between each song with little 'crack on' with the crowd etc. Thought this was just down to the stage sound at V so went to see 'em at Newcastle a couple of weeks ago and it was the same... most bands roll the songs off the belt or rev the crowd between tunes but the gorgeous Mr Flowers seems not to do this... am I the only 1 who thinks this?????

Cxx

I was sooooo disapointed with them the last time at V but that was mainly my own fault and being "on it" too much to appreciate them, I was really looking forward to them and wondered off half way there.

Almost 2 year's later saw them at MEn Arena last week (which is usualyl ahsite venue) and I loved it, was lucky to be at the front and bouncing up and down with a group of like minded people, it was a fantastic gig, that good I think I may give them a miss at V as it will burst that bubble, going watching some one else.

They are a completely different band to the one that headlined 2 years ago. There was always an air of nervousness around them when they performed in 07, perhaps trying to live up to Brandon Flowers' review of Sam's Town (which I love by the way) got to the them when they were on stage infront of tens of thousands of non-Killers fans. They burn off the crowds enthusiasm, and are always fantastic infront of their own fans, they were awesome at the O2. I think 07 was a tad too early for them to headline, not that they didn't have the songs, just not the live performance. I think they have that now though.

They are a completely different band to the one that headlined 2 years ago. There was always an air of nervousness around them when they performed in 07, perhaps trying to live up to Brandon Flowers' review of Sam's Town (which I love by the way) got to the them when they were on stage infront of tens of thousands of non-Killers fans. They burn off the crowds enthusiasm, and are always fantastic infront of their own fans, they were awesome at the O2. I think 07 was a tad too early for them to headline, not that they didn't have the songs, just not the live performance. I think they have that now though.