Duran Duran

Guest indie-rocknroll

But all us older generation would stick out like a bear's bum because we'd be singing Rio or Wild Boys! Well I'm old enough to remember them anyway.

I reckon they'd be quite good live, I liked the odd song by them and they were massive. Problem could be I haven't heard them in ages and sometimes bands just don't age well, ie Guns n Roses where Axl now sounds like someone doing Axl on the Karaoke.

I agree about crowd pleasers- Sir Tom Jones and Duffy would be awesome for sunday afternoon. Not sure about Duran though. Could think of many other long forgotten bands from the 80's who could fill their shoes. Was never a fan (obviously) of doran or the new romantic thing, men were way too faffy about their makeup!! Talking Heads or The Waterboys would be brill. :lol:;)

I think if Duran Duran played they would surprise a few people, I guess I'm older than your average V go'er but I think Duran Duran would rock. Great back catalog, some fantastic songs that everyone would know and some less well known songs that would go over fantastically well at a festival.

Well I'd prefer Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine for the nostalgia and energy but I doubt many people would remember them. Wave yes there are better 80s bands but most have broken up and getting them back would be hard. Also agree with the New Romantic thing, luckily I was too young.

Carter were cool and all, but I think the two of them would get lost on just about any stage apart from the Union (Sheriff Fatman though, hell yeah)

Saw Sir Tom in Vegas late last year and he would ROCK at V, such a powerful voice and a real showman!

Won't be long before we've booked this festival (only to be brought back down to earth when the organisers announce, Miley Cyrus, Flo Rida and Westlife)

What about The Fine Young Cannibals, some awesome 80s tunes (She Drives Me Crazy).

I luckily was more interested in Thundercats and Centurions than the bad hair of Nikki Sixx and Nick Kershaw. That probably explains why I ended up with the motorbike too (Yamaha Thundercat).

Carter were great in their day and I remember the hype and then the fall, they really need a drummer not the machine but were great - Only Loony That's Left In Town, Only Living Boy In New Cross, Reducating Rita and Do Re Me So Far So Good would rock. Actually caught Jim Bob solo and he is still going and quite good, more like the Defeatist Attitude style tunes though.

Whatever we get it will be good, we all lived through the 80s. God listen to us, we'll be sat at V saying I remember Kelly Jones when he couldn't afford Raybans and a vintage leather jacket, those were the days...

Edited by staffsknot

I have to say, I was never really a fan of Duran Duran but some friends of mine went to one of their "reunion" gigs a while back and said that they were absolutely brilliant. I have heard a few other people say that they are still good live too. so you never know - I wouldn't mind seeing them, a little bit of reminiscing never done anybody any harm!!! :lol:

i'm 16 (right rhys ;) haa) and i'd love to see them play, bitta the reflex, bitta a view to a kill, bitta girls on film! though im pretty sure out of the people i'm going with me n joe will be the only ones who know who they are!

Jonny look at it this way - think of the worst possible band that could play (Miley Ray Cyrus with her Dad line dancing to Ache Breakie Heart for an hour) then Duran Duran or anybody else looks good.

Also I learnt a long time ago that sometimes a few crowd pleasers can be just what the doctor ordered, I like Bryan Adams as a live performer and some of his songs rock (obviously not the wedding song that is Everything I Do), took two skeptical friends to see him at Liverpool and they went out and bought his best of album. You never know they could be amazing, or they could suck.

Indie, it wasn't and I like both of them anyway - I'm eclectic. My ipod covers classic rock and blues upto modern metal.

I love songs that I want to play (guitar, bass, drums and keyboard) and that trigger a good memory - Summer of '69 got me into rock from year dot and was first tune I could play on guitar aged 14.

Edited by staffsknot

Well I used to like Spandau Ballet back when I was young (!!) but not sure I would really want to see them back together now. They had a massive falling out though didn't they, going to High Court etc (I used to work opposite the Courts and see Tony Hadley in sweet shop one day!!! whhooop whooo!!)

probably be good to sing along to their old tunes but am undecided on this one - after a few ciders though, yep, I'll probably be watching them!!!!!!

:P:O