Possibles

Guest Hairywookie

These bands are still free (going off the seetickets website- I can't be arsed doing the old myspace searches) on the V days....do we have any chance do you think of getting any them?

Paul Weller - is also playing Benicassim with Oasis, Killers, Lily Allen, acts we also have

Ash

Ian Brown - he always headlines the JJB so might be hard to fit him in now if MGMT actually do headline.

The Music

PJ Harvey

Franz Ferdinand

Editors

Delays - played last year tho

JET

Doves

Manic Street Preachers

Scissor Sisters - could well play lower down the bill these days due to their lack lustre second album

Long Blondes - cancelled last year at the last minute

Charlotte Hatherley

Feeder

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Michael Jackson - the guys needs the cash don't you know!

Take That - hopefully happy doing their own gigs to bother with V

Hives

Fratellis

Sophie Ellis-Bextor

Ultravox - newly reformed, could do a festival

Dido

Psychedelic Furs - also doing Benicassim

Well with that one im assuming happy mondays would be headlining the other night. The reason im questining MGMT is that there have been discussions on here whether they are (and are worthy of) headlining. I think it goes without saying that Happy Mondays will headline the JJB or what ever name it goes by this year.

Well with that one im assuming happy mondays would be headlining the other night. The reason im questining MGMT is that there have been discussions on here whether they are (and are worthy of) headlining. I think it goes without saying that Happy Mondays will headline the JJB or what ever name it goes by this year.

sorry to tear most of these apart but...

Editors and Doves are playing big spots at Lattitude so I think that rules them out of V

Ian Brown won't headline JJB two years in a row

PJ Harvey is exclusive to another festival [can't remember which]

The Hives are just finishing touring the last album in Japan, and then they're having time off until the next album

Michael Jackson won't play obviously, and I doubt Take That

the rest are fair game, I hope for the Music sooooo much

Reading is announced in 6 days, so I guess that will exclude a shit load of bands

Then the next V announcement will be just around the corner :rolleyes:

Gutted that we probably wont see Doves then. Like its said above I guess we'll know where we stand a lot better once the CW is announced. Hope they don't take too many decent bands tho...im fingers crossed for the music and weller....

...and Pixies I think we should sabotage the IoW site then make them do V as their only UK appearance! lol