Kasabian

Guest ThomThomDrum

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add my tuppence....

Have a vague connection with the Kasabian tour manager. Got my contact to ask if Kasabian were going to play Glastonbury but the general feedback I have is that he 'couldn't say'. Probably don't help but thought I'd share.

New record is sounding wicked would LOVE them to be there.

I've only just caught this thread but have read it all the way through.

Kasabian are fcuking ace! Please, please get them on the bill for Glasto.

There is something about their psychedelic form of Indie & Dance crossover that makes them very unique like no other act since Stone Roses in their hey day!!

I have posted on other threads that they are one of the few bands that would be unmissable for me.

Other than defo seeing Hobo Jones doing the pre football entertainment on the Wed, (Have to be there, cos I'm playing! B) ) Like many, I am just gonna go with the flow, with what Acts I will see, until I actually get to Pilton. The Vibe & people at Glasto make the festival for me, regardless of who is playing.

But Kasabian on the bill would have me at that particular stage or field well in advance. EVEN if they clash with Blur Sunday night! :) And I was a massive BritPop man in the mid 90's.

Perhaps 2nd headliner Sat night under Springsteen is do-able. I had no plans to catch The Boss but would prob hang around if I'd just seen a phenomenal set from Leicester's finest! :)

One of the deciding factors for getting Oasis tix for this summer was cos Kasabian supporting and I'd love to see them at Glastonbury again.

They were brill @ Glasto 2007 as 2nd headliner to Arctic Monkeys.

Although I actually also enjoyed Arctic Monkeys, I agree with many that Kasabian prob stole the show.

I am also loving the new song :D

That is very interesting info with The Great escape connection to Glasto booker.

Mmmmmmm, another ingredient to making them a rumour if you ask me!

:D

Edited by Harrow Strongbow Ciderman!

Just to add my tuppence....

Have a vague connection with the Kasabian tour manager. Got my contact to ask if Kasabian were going to play Glastonbury but the general feedback I have is that he 'couldn't say'. Probably don't help but thought I'd share.New record is sounding wicked would LOVE them to be there.

It's official then...as soon as I buy tickets for a show, that band is added to the line-up. I just bought The Horrors and The Kills last night, so expect them to be added soon as well. Not that I'm complaining..as someone that has followed bands across the country, I have no problem seeing someone more than once on a tour, and it helps make conflicts easier to sort out.

It certainly could happen.

I've seen Kasabian quite a few times and know they always do warm up shows before big gigs. All their summer dates supporting Oasis are preceeded by a couple of small warm up dates.

They have confirmed they are playing Nottm Rock City and Liverpool Uni on Wed 24th and Thu 25th June.

Hopefully this will be their warm up gis for Glasto 2009.

Fingers crossed! B)

Edited by godders1966

It certainly could happen.

I'm seen Kasabian quite a few times and know they always do warm up shows before big gigs. All their summer dates supporting Oasis are preceeded by a couple of small warm up dates.

They have confirmed they are playing Nottm Rock City and Liverpool Uni on Wed 24th and Thu 25th June.

Hopefully this will be their warm up gis for Glasto 2009.

Fingers crossed! B)

Anyone else done the hatrick of seeing Kasabian at Glasto (Soon to be four B) ..)?

Other stage - 2004 (11 am!!!)

Other stage - 2005 (Second to top spot)

Pyramid -2007 (Second to top spot)

Fingers crossed for a fourth (Before the Boss would be mint)

Yep - seen them 3 times at Glasto - also going to see them in Swindon at the start of June so hopefully be seeing them twice in June :)

It's official then...as soon as I buy tickets for a show, that band is added to the line-up. I just bought The Horrors and The Kills last night, so expect them to be added soon as well. Not that I'm complaining..as someone that has followed bands across the country, I have no problem seeing someone more than once on a tour, and it helps make conflicts easier to sort out.
Edited by III

Anyone else done the hatrick of seeing Kasabian at Glasto (Soon to be four ;) ..)?

Other stage - 2004 (11 am!!!)

Other stage - 2005 (Second to top spot)

Pyramid -2007 (Second to top spot)

Fingers crossed for a fourth (Before the Boss would be mint)

I know they were not officially @ Glastonbury last year, But did they not also make an impropto appearance at The Guardian Lounge. :)

I wasn't there but I'm sure I read about it on the forums!?! ;)