Anybody actually happy with the line up so far.

Guest redmad1971

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am pleased with whats announced so far. Me and Mrs Redmad have totally different tastes but both agree theres a lot of acts we can't wait to see.

So what if The Killers headlined 2 years ago, there are many 1000's of us who haven't seen them before.

And Oasis, the biggest British band of the 90's / 00's and still selling out stadiums worldwide.

I was st in the pub last night and was slagging the V lineup to a mate, when he asked who is on then I reeled off

The Specials, Ocean Colour Scene, Pendulum, Dizzee, Biffy Clyro, MGMT, Peter Doherty, Elbow, The Streets etc etc

He said, that's not actually shit mate, and you know what he's right. It's all about perception. Roll on August, roll on the next announcement (we already know Ladyhawke and Seth Lakeman so there's two more "proper" artists for my list!)

I was st in the pub last night and was slagging the V lineup to a mate, when he asked who is on then I reeled off

The Specials, Ocean Colour Scene, Pendulum, Dizzee, Biffy Clyro, MGMT, Peter Doherty, Elbow, The Streets etc etc

He said, that's not actually shit mate, and you know what he's right. It's all about perception. Roll on August, roll on the next announcement (we already know Ladyhawke and Seth Lakeman so there's two more "proper" artists for my list!)

I think the V line up is great so far, whats not to like? Ok some of the acts are abit iffy, but as they are playing im sure on another stage there will be an act more apppealing for people.

And i anticipate the next announcemeent to provide us with more great bands, and although it is frustrating waiting and waiting for the announcement, i think its good making us wait!

So, to get this straight, this terrible lineup has:

The Specials, Ocean Colour Scene, Pendulum, Dizzee, Biffy Clyro, MGMT, Peter Doherty, Elbow, The Streets, Ladyhawke, Seth Lakeman, Phoenix, Sunshine Underground and rumours of Gomez, Starsailor, Supergrass.

All thing considered, it is a good line-up. There's also the pop bands for the people who like that sort of thing and the Bow place and bacardi with all the dance music. I'm sure we'll find something to keep us occupied.

The Specials, Ocean Colour Scene, Pendulum, Dizzee, Biffy Clyro, MGMT, Peter Doherty, Elbow, The Streets, Ladyhawke, Seth Lakeman, Phoenix, Sunshine Underground and rumours of Gomez, Starsailor, Supergrass.

All thing considered, it is a good line-up. There's also the pop bands for the people who like that sort of thing and the Bow place and bacardi with all the dance music. I'm sure we'll find something to keep us occupied.

As someone sagely said, it's not so much a bad line-up as a downright lazy one. Straight off some risible T4 On theBeach One Big Weekender Top Man Shop Roadshow . In fact, it's easily the worst of any alternative - even smaller fests like Latitude and Hop Farm are superior.

I've seen Oasis far too often, and the Killers are execrable live as one record. Much of the rest of the bill is, well, bland and staid, or simply dreck. Razorlight have one decent album, and a monumental ego - guess which features most in their show... Pete Doherty is sadly not the Poet Ruffian of a doomed Albion that he considers himself to be but a greasy tenth-rate Jimbo Morrison jamming along to Paul Weller B-sides, and surely the Happy Mondays are due on the Chips in t'Bucket Madchestah Reunion tour by now....

Now I can;t wait to see the Specials, BSP and Elbow, natch, but - the Saturdays? Taylor Wotsit? Frankly, I'd prefer open-heart surgery with a blunt stick sans anaesthetic. I don't mind pop, but, crivens, let's have decent pop. I still remember the hen night from hades that was Girls Aloud last yr....45 mins of my life which I cannot retrieve, sadly.

Mebbe I'm just too old, but my highlights of last yr - aside from the mighty Hold Steady - were all in the old JJB tent. Drive-By Truckers, Bunnymen and Young Knives were magnificent. Not 4th-rate indie schmindie and whoever rocks up to be interviewed by good ol asinine Grimmy and Jonesy. This may yet be my last V.

Edited by CopperBlue

Im half happy half dissapointed...

im over the moon about the killers , mgmt and the specials

happy with biffy clyro, pendulum, oasis ,ocean colour scene,

gutted about seasick steve being removed B)

i well want vampire weekend to play!!!!!