Sunday only vs. not going at all?

Guest banana_smoothie

Me and some of my friends want to go to Rockness, but have other stuff on on the Saturday. We've never been before. Is it worth going for just the Sunday, possible camping the Sunday night? Or should we not go at all and wait for next year, waste of money? Or alternatively go for the Friday night only (but that might be tricky). When's the atmosphere best? Or should we leave it until we can go to the whole thing?

What do you think?

its worth going on the sunday if you like the bands.. me and a couple mates couldnt get time off work so wer just going on the sunday.. its about £60 for the day ticket + £30 for the city link coach.

its worth it if you like the bands.. for example if you want to see:

the whip (about £10 if you were to see them on tour)..

tommy rielly (£8)

wombats (£20)

biffy clyro (£25)

prodigy (£35)

think of it in terms of how much you'd pay to see them seperately.

so for them it would cost you £98 and would therefor justify paying the £90 to go

plus you would see more bands and you just cant beat the festival atmosphere which is far better then a sweaty gig at corn exchange..

so yeahh just go for the sunday day ticket.. your not alone!

totally. just come for the whole weekend. everyone wants to have fun and make friends. all you do is walk up to someone...offer them a drink and before you know it your with them all weekend.

Sunday is in my opinion the best day of the whole festival.

Since there's no way you can go Saturday you should definitely just come for Sunday, it will be worth it. You'll just need to find somewhere to stay in Inverness, or camp in a random field!

Wouldn't advise that, cops don't look very kindly on it.

Well I have done and probably will the summer but wouldn't do it around a festival just because farmers/police/security etc will be looking at for people doing it. Saying that it's the Sunday night so they probably won't give a f*ck! lol

At the end of the day it's worth it...even if you can't go on Saturday go on the sunday!!! :lol: