Pig FLu

Guest burnageblue

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be but I doubt it. When bird flu was about it was the same, not much came of that. T in the Park is next to a chicken farm(like literally a stones throw from the outer wall)and it was ok during the festival and the UK managed to go pretty much untouched.

So possible, just can't see it.

Is it a festival threat?

I know Worthy Farm is cows not pigs

if it's a threat that's big enough to effect a non-pig farm then similarly all footie should be banned, all working should be banned, all going out should be banned, etc, etc, etc.

If there's any need to restrict people coming into contact with one another then it should affect all people and all activities.

But here's betting that they'll take the same moronic line that they did with foot and mouth, and pretend that there's no risk of cross-contamination if the thing happening is a big enough business to put the govt under enough pressure. :)

After all, during the foot & mouth crisis there were of course no farmers and rural dwellers from all around the country cross-contaminating each other at the likes of Old Trafford each and every week, eh? :blink::lol:

edit: meanwhile I'm going down with a cold. I'm currently blaming it on the bacon sandwich I had yesterday. :)

Edited by eFestivals

I'm sure the families of the people who have died in Mexico would be pleased about the issue being used for flippant humour about daily mail readers, bacon sandwiches and people moaning about having to be a bit busy at work for a change!

Price of pork will probably drop when the ignorant stop buying it for fear of catching flu from it.

Shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the potential threat though, after all it only killed 50 million people last time (1918)! With a larger World population and more international travel, it could be far worse than then. Shame the media cloud the issue and desensitise us to it with all the BS they publish.