My First V Festival

Guest Dannny

I have never actually been to V Festival, but this year me and my friend are going to pop our V cherries!

I thought i'd start a post about 'My' First V Festival and get all you guys to write a little sotry about the first time you ever went to V.

I've been given a pretty good idea of what it's like, but i suppose im gonna be blown away?

My first V was 8 years ago, V2001

Its changed SHITLOADS since then,

just looked on efestivals and it says it was £76 for a weekend camping ticket! f**k its more than doubled in 8 years.. damn!

There was only three stages the V stage, WTV Stage [i forget who that was who sponsored it] and The JJB Arena and a small dance tent, there was no Strongbow or Barcardi then Im pretty sure

I saw over the weekend I saw on saturday all main stage Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Placebo, Neil Finn, Idlewild, Powderfinger, think I popped over to second stage and watched Doves & Starsalior

Second day, I ventured more around I remember starting on main stage and watching Spooks and Nelly Furtado who were both absolutely shit

I remember later on in the day I went to Second stage and ended the night on Shed Seven followed by JJ72 followed by Muse, was a wicked weekend

Kylie headlined the Arena that night too, apparently it was absolutrely rammed but it was packed out at Muse, I dunno how the main stage faired cus Texas headlined

The place is twice as big now, has twice as many things going on and twice as many people it seems, seriously I think it was better back then, but I still love V, and you will too

Saddens me a bit cus back then there was like 50 of us who all went and its nowhere near that now

If you want to check out the line up its here

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/v/st...1/lineup.shtml#

a quick story from it, my mate brought a wedding dress at V and wore it, drank a bottle of aftershock on the friday afternoon, passed out in his tent around 6pm and missed all Friday night and woke up around 2am, we were all around a campfire [you never see them at V now] and he crawled out his tent was sick on the floor, crawled through it to a huge cheer, it was a great laugh, and then within 10 minutes he pulled!!! ha ha

My first V was last year, in my opnion it had a brilliant line-up, Muse, Chemical Brothers, loads more, look it up if you're interested. Went with my girlfriend, cousin, brother, his mates, sister, her mate, so a pretty big group.

Loved it all, funniest moment looking back was when my cousin got so drunk that he pissed in our gazebo, called 'The Womb', it wasn't just in there tho, he got it in my coolbox that had managed to keep some of my beer cold and all over mine and my girlfriend's chairs, we wern't impressed lol. Got him to take the pissed on beer to the Carling Amnesty and traded them on for some new, non pissed on cans tho.

Good times

My first was in 06 and i went with 3 mates that i went to school with we took WAY 2 much stuff and was not ready for the massive trek from car park 2 campsite at all we ended up making 2 trips whilst it was pissing down with rain, we got soaked. First trip we put the tent up before going back 2 get the beer, 2nd trip i was walking back carrying 2 crates of strongbow when the cardboard broke on them cuz they were wet and they all dropped in the mud. 2 very helpful men dressed in flinstone costumes put me and the beer on there trolley and took me back 2 my tent ;)

The rest of my Friday was spent walking round the fair dressed as a fairy and i bumped into my ex who i had split up with in April and we ended up getting back together and now have been together for best part of 3 years!!

Saturday i bumped into 2 of my best lad mates that i had no idea they were even going, they were very unprepared as first V aswell and there tent collapased on them the night before lol so they ended up sharing our tent (6 people in a 4 man tent) they were all asleep by about 1am and i stopped up til about 6am chatting 2 some random bloke who happened 2 just stumble in 2 my tent? He then invited his other mate into our tent aswell so it went up being 8 of us sleeping in a 4 man tent :S

Sunday i spent the day in the white beer tent thingy thats always by red campsite just dancing with random people!

Didnt really see that many bands over the weekend 2 b honest cuz the people i went with were boring and could never be arsed to leave the tent (i know happen not to speak to them!) i saw... razorlight, the feeling, orson, lilly allen, echo and the bunnymen and few others. There also wasnt a barcardi bar there that i remember of and a few of the stages were a bit different!

2005 was my first v, my stepdad took me. i remember being a huge fan of good charlotte (i was 14), they had stuff thrown at them and were piss poor. then i left to watch the zutons and kaiserchiefs who were massively hyped from their debut albums, both were brilliant. oasis werent as good as i expected.

it was the only v ive been to which was red hot, you couldn't walk anywhere due to people lying down on the grass in the sun. ive been to every v since, all with shit weather.

i would say more but i really dont remember much...

I have never actually been to V Festival, but this year me and my friend are going to pop our V cherries!

I thought i'd start a post about 'My' First V Festival and get all you guys to write a little sotry about the first time you ever went to V.

I've been given a pretty good idea of what it's like, but i suppose im gonna be blown away?

went to the first one...pulp headlined...no queues...great line-up...lovely people...beautiful weather...massive papercup fight mid afternoon...looking up into the sky and seeing thousands of cups flying in every direction whilst some indie band did their stuff...i was hooked.

Edited by Flaminglippy

Last years V at Weston Park was the 1st festival for me and my fiance and we really had a fab weekend. We was expecting it to be full of Swampy type travellers, but met some lovely new friends. Even the rain couldn't dampen our spirits. Great bands on, chilled out atmosphere. The only thing that i would say was bad is the fact that the music finishes early on both nights, around 23:00hrs i think.

We going again this year but to Essex this time, and intend to become regulars.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did / will.

V98 - me and 9 others.

Memories - mostly pre Saturday evening!!

We had a football match going on in the campsite, although you certiainly couldn't do that now, barely room for a tent!!!

Weather was good, and campsite went directly into the Arena (as opposed to coming out the camp site and then having to queue up again), which meant it was a lot easier to pop back to your tent.

Music highlight has to be Scooby Snacks by Fun Lovin Criminals at the end of the weekend, also this was the weekend my Gomez addiction began!

Was living in Colchester at the time, so I thought it would be a good idea not to book off Monday morning.... a mistake I've never made since!!!