Taylor Swift - I take it all back

Guest indie-rocknroll

I thought she was a Commercial American pop princess and that song "Love story" makes my teeth ache.

After all the slagging off I was presently surprised at her Jools Holland night.

She picked up the guitar at an early eage and plays 4 /5 instruments, she writes all her own music, is a very pretty lady and has a good voice on her, so I take it all back, I don't particulary like her music but good on her.

I thought she was a Commercial American pop princess and that song "Love story" makes my teeth ache.

After all the slagging off I was presently surprised at her Jools Holland night.

She picked up the guitar at an early eage and plays 4 /5 instruments, she writes all her own music, is a very pretty lady and has a good voice on her, so I take it all back, I don't particulary like her music but good on her.

Not watched Jools from Friday yet, was interested to hear last week that Taylor was on. Looking forward to watching it this evening to see what she's all about.

Could the biggest U-Turn in the history of eFestivals be in the offing. Festie goers in begrudging respect for Taylor shocker? I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised!

Edit

Now watched Jools, seems like a nice girl really. Not pretentious, clearly talented, decent songwriter and decent singer. Not my cup of tea but fair play to her.

Edited by TheNewUnion

From what I understand she's an American version of Amy MacDonald, just I would prefer Amy Mac's tunes anyday. I think a lot of the stuff she writes is that instrumental pop style but the studios have had a hand in targeting her at certain groups, which you can understand.

I have full respect to any artist but she ain't my kind of music, much prefer a good rock tune.

Oh Indie we all make mistakes and lets face it live and charts versions of tunes are two different stories - Stone Roses were brilliant band but terrible live.

Edited by staffsknot

Im thinking that maybe, they released that, um, wonderful song love story, just to break her commercially, but behind some of that label reccomended drivle, is a talented songwrite/singer, who with time will be given more creative freedom and more say in the direction of her music. or i could be completly wrong :P

Im thinking that maybe, they released that, um, wonderful song love story, just to break her commercially, but behind some of that label reccomended drivle, is a talented songwrite/singer, who with time will be given more creative freedom and more say in the direction of her music. or i could be completly wrong :lol:

Erm...this doesn't stop her being utter dung though. I don't care if someone is manufactured as long as they're good, its the dull as MOR, countrylite drivel that she makes that annoys me, not the fact that Disney has spunked millions promoting her.

We all make mistakes mate. I think with the initial impressions, she was another hyped up individual that lacked any REAL talent or credibility. Personally, I don't think she was as good as other shows she's been on. However, you gotta take your hat off to someone who wants to go their way rather than the record company pushing you in the direction that's going to bring them in the dosh quickly. Thank-god shows like Jools Holland exist really?

Actually, talking about the same show; what the hell the Manic's doing!? Having been a lover of their early stuff, I'm sad to see them going down a very strange path. Nothing special and haven't really kept up with the times. Bitterly disappointed.

That is the point though (did you see the Jools Holland show), she is ok, might not be your taste of music but she is good at what she does.

I don't like Jazz but I can't sit there say that some of the greatest Jaz musicians are Dung just becasue i don't like Jazz. If she is in her "countrylive" category, she does it well, has a good voice and writes a good tune or two.

Listen mate I was on the let's bottle taylow Swfit band wagon a few months ago but might just get a taylor I love you t-shirt (that's going too far but credit where credit is due)

Edited by Benj

Personally I'd rather see her than Starsailor or the Script (they're super dung), my point is that just because she plays her own instruments and writes her own stuff, does not necessarily make the quality of her output better than Miley Cyrus.

• 3 months later...