Waterproofs

Guest Superfly1967

I got a good pair of waterproof trousers from Tesco in the winter time (for going to the football in the rain!) they were only about £5 - if I remember right!

A Mac in a Sac from Millets is pretty good, they are about £15?

For waterproof boots, if you have a local outdoor store try there. I got some really good gortex one for this year, so it bound to be dry!!

The usual suspects eg Millets, Great Outdoors etc are usually a good place to start - but it all depends on your price range I suppose!

:unsure:

Definitely go for a breathable waterproof such as Gore-Tex or AquaFoil or whatever.

Otherwise you'll find that after a decent walk across the site, there'll be as much sweat condensed on the inside as rain you've resisted.

wickes sell some decent ones for £15 a set. rubberised over trouses and a jacket. its not really thin material either so they will withstand some punishment.

However you wont need them this year unless your thinking of going to V.

i had a big poncho last year which i could sit on whilst wearing. they were pretty good, but if it rains heavily i wouldn't trust them.

Always trust a poncho. Not the throw away ones though they are pretty poor.

In 05 i was in the torrential down pour and it it did not let any water through and it lets lots of air circulate and is also damn good at keeping your bag dry to.

I had a bloody huge poncho in 2005 and it was brilliant. I've been taking it since and it's always kept me dry. I've got a Radiohead waterproof that looks good but as soon as it rains, it's about as much use as a solar powered torch.

I bought a huge poncho from the Army & Navy surplus in Waterloo for last year and it's since done the trick at Leeds and Wireless too - If you're going for one definitley go for an ex army one. My mates had the cheapy ones last year and they were rubbish and ripped pretty easily. The good thing with my poncho is the when it wasn't raining we could open it out and sit on it.

....and another vote for the poncho!

I survived comfortably in 2005 with a poncho I picked up from an army surplus place for 5 pounds, when everybody else (ok, not *everyone else) (ok then.. a few people) was (were :unsure: ) complaining about their expensive waterproof wear leaking.

This year, I shall not be taking a waterproof, as it will be surplus to requirements. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...