Quickest Route North?

Guest Window Licker

Whats the craic lads!!

Like I said in my previous post I'm heading over to Rockness from Dublin, that requires me leaving me gaf at 3am friday morn and gettin the ferry from Larne over to Troon. Just wondering though, whats the quickest route North from Glasgow to the festival?

I was gonna take the A82 because it looks shorter on the map, but the A9 sounds better and I just saw that the festival is on the A9 side of the Loch close enough to Inverness. Was still thinking about takin' the A82 to take in some of Scotland in the road trip and then sneak up the right by Fort Augustus and up the East side of the Loch. That roads probably shite though is it?

Am i mad, should I just take the A9? :(

Ah me aul mate piratebhoy, thanks for the advice, thats much needed information. I would have stuck with the Fort William Rd but f**k that if ya say so. How long is the drive from Glasgow to Inverness, bout 2 hours?
Edited by greg1999

its a good three hours travelling through Glasgow, up to Perth, then up to Inverness. Take your time north of Perth. Rakes of Cops with cameras, stationery cameras and that. Also with the festivals being on they will be pulling cars over. My mates from Livingston friends were pulled for a random check and had there bags and car searched.

just go canny and enjoy the drive.

Cant understand why anyone would ake the motorway north :rolleyes: .

Go from troon through glasgow, take the A80 to stirling and then take the A84 towards Callander.

Follow the road all the way north through Glencoe and up to fort augustus, over the hills and you comeout right above dores, looking right down on the site

Nae filth patrolling, no traffic compared to the motorway and some of the most beautiful roads and scenery in Scotland, arrive chilled and ready to party!!!!

Enjoy Scotland while you are here!!!!

Interesting :D

We have been to all 3 Rocknesses?? not sure thats the plural??

Driven both ways, Couldent face the motorway again, the one year i drove that way my arse was making chocolate hoops, my eyes were akin to a gentleman of the orient due to the three buckets i thought it would be a good idea to take prior to leaving.

When i saw the filth pulling in motors i nearly wet myself!!!

The otherway is so more chilled, defo a better option at least on the way home if not on the way there :D

the A9 is by far the quickest, safest and easiest way to get from Glasgow to Inverness. Thats speaking from a lifetime of experience from travelling the road numerous times a month.

If you are worried about getting stopped, then you shouldnt be driving. end of. the road is dangerous enough without drink and drug drivers endangering passengers and other motorists... if you cant go without- take public transport.

sorry to be harsh...but nearly every month there is a fatal accident on highland roads, we dont need idiots who cant lay off the the drugs/drink casuing more when they are only a matter of hours from their destination. Rockness doesnt need it either!

Hmm didnt realise my maw was on this forum!!

Only kidding mate, lesson learned and all that.

The a84 is a more relaxed drive and much more scenic, and so u sleep easy im only a passenger now, done my driving stint.

The a9 is a fookin deathtrap, people doing 90 plus trying to make overtaking moves before it goes back to single carrigeway. Better with a consistent speed.

Anyhoo the saftey brief is over for today :D:D

Hmm didnt realise my maw was on this forum!!

Only kidding mate, lesson learned and all that.

The a84 is a more relaxed drive and much more scenic, and so u sleep easy im only a passenger now, done my driving stint.

The a9 is a fookin deathtrap, people doing 90 plus trying to make overtaking moves before it goes back to single carrigeway. Better with a consistent speed.

Anyhoo the saftey brief is over for today :lol::lol:

sorry to be harsh...but nearly every month there is a fatal accident on highland roads, we dont need idiots who cant lay off the the drugs/drink casuing more when they are only a matter of hours from their destination. Rockness doesnt need it either!

I'm at odds now bout which root to take, I'm not worried about the filth North of Perth on the A9, if they stop me so be it, I won't have anything on me so they can go an shite. It definitely sounds like the quickest route to take. Whats the tailback usually like coming into Inverness on the friday?? If you get there in the afternoon its probably not too bad is it.

Whats the craic lads!!

Like I said in my previous post I'm heading over to Rockness from Dublin, that requires me leaving me gaf at 3am friday morn and gettin the ferry from Larne over to Troon. Just wondering though, whats the quickest route North from Glasgow to the festival?

I was gonna take the A82 because it looks shorter on the map, but the A9 sounds better and I just saw that the festival is on the A9 side of the Loch close enough to Inverness. Was still thinking about takin' the A82 to take in some of Scotland in the road trip and then sneak up the right by Fort Augustus and up the East side of the Loch. That roads probably shite though is it?

Am i mad, should I just take the A9? :D

[/quot

I travel down from Lossiemouth quite often down to Argyll and Bute. If I'm taking the bike, it's defo the A82, great scenery and a little more bendy than the A9, in the car though, it's the A9, boring as fook but does get me there quicker.