THE SCRIPT

Guest simonthecyclist

To be honest, I think a lot of the reason that they suck so badly is the fact that they are terribly over produced and over marketed.

Take out some of the cheese layered on by the producer, get rid of the haircuts and makeup, and perhaps it wouldn't sound so bad. Perhaps.

ok - Robbie Williams started his career in a boy band - and was completly accepted at Glastonbury when he played there.

Everyone put aside their preconceptions - and the experience gave him the chance to re-invent himself.

I'm Irish, and extremely patriotic...irrationally proud of most things we produce here...but The Script are shockin'....ok, I'll take that back slightly and admit they're not to my taste and acknowledge that maybe others will enjoy them...no, actually they're shockin'. :huh:

Colm Mac con Iomaire's album last year was beautiful...not exactly a new artist, but still a fantastic record. Lisa Hannigans new album is great, as is Mick Flannery's, but I suppose it depends on what you like...Fight like Apes have potential, Super Extra Bonus Party likewise. :)
Edited by thomj42

It doesn't matter how you get rid of it, JUST GET RID OF IT NOW!!!!!

That's bad juju to be leaving around your house man...

Send it back to the band in the mail. Explain your situtation and apologise to them for misunderstanding their credibility on the grounds they are playing Glastonbury.

I'm sure they will understand, and hopfully kill themselves...

I just had to listen to it before I did this......now I feel rather empty inside......I should have listened to you....... :)

In all honesty it is not as bad as you were all making out. Generic - definitely, skilled - definitely not but not offensive. Not my thing but I could see why people would like it.

Need to stick up for Scouting - btw. * ducks for cover * Catchy songs, good fun at Glasto last year - actually reminded me of when I first heard Madness's new stuff when they became mainstream - Baggy Trousers is probably comparable to Elvis Isn;t Dead. Both bands do not take themselves too seriously and I think there is room for 'humour' in music. I would guess we will NOT be seeing a Scouting reunion tour in 20 years time though....

hahaha - sorry - side tracked - there is a track on the afore mentioned Script album called 'Rusty-Halo'....is this a (not so clever) euphemism or are they serious?

OK - I now need a purge - anyone suggest a good antidote album to get me back on the straight and narrow? :)