Ufc

just/john

Randy Couture Vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira - Randy

Keith Jardine Vs. Thiago Silva - Techno Viking :( (although I hope he gets battered)

Chris Leben Vs. Jake Rosholt - Leben

Nate Marquardt Vs. Demian Maia - Maia

Brandon Vera Vs. Krzysztof Soszynski - Sosz

I actually couldn't have been more wrong!

:lol:

:lol:

been away on holiday all week and weekend, so only just watched Saturday's card.

What a superb show all round... some great knockouts, and a truly epic main event. Good to see Nog back on form, he looked really impressive, although I'd have liked to seen him finish Randy off, and i doubt he'll be as effective against Brock. Deffinatley worth watching if you have it sky/virgin +'d

RAMPAGE RETIRES~!

Quinton Jackson on his web site www.rampage-jackson.com announced today that he was retiring from fighting and the match with Rashad Evans would not take place.

Dana White said that his promotional plans after the season of the two as rival coaches and a three-week Countdown show would have made the fight the most anticipated fight in UFC history, and that was long before the ratings for the first episode of the season came in.

Jackson wrote a long article, complaining about fans booing him when he fought Chuck Liddell, saying it hurt him, that he was never promoted as undisputed world champion when he beat Dan Henderson, that he fought both Wanderlei Silva and Keith Jardine with a jaw injury, and the latter fight wasn't even worth it to him financially (it did the UFC's lowest PPV number for a domestic show and thus his bonus wasn't large).

He said, unlike what was said in hyping this season about Rampage wanting the match with Evans more than the title shot at Lyoto Machida, that he wanted Machida.

"I told them I wanted to fight Machida for the belt but Dana told me if I coach TUF against Rashad that I could fight Machida afterwards cause this was a different type of ultimate fighter show they were doing." But after he signed the contact, he wrote that White said he then changed his mind and told him what to say to the press. He said because of that, people think he was afraid of Machida.

He said when he knew he had a shot for the Mr. T role, he asked White to move the Memphis fight back one month.

"Dana went on the Internet and mocked me because of that and I still did nothing. Dana and I finally talked and we made up and then afer that he went back on the Internet and said some bullshit and he was talking bad about the movie when information is not even supposed to be released and talking about payments which is not even true could really hurt my future acting career, which could very well last longer than my fighting career."

"So I'm done fighting. I've been getting negative reviews from the dumb ass fans that don't pay my bills or put my kids through college. So I'm hanging it up. I'm gonna miss all my loyal fans but hopefully they'll follow me to my new career and I will gain more loyal fans along the way. And all you hater fans out there can kiss my big black hairy ass and anybody that don't like what I just said can come try and kick my ass."

The general feeling is that with the up and down emotional nature of fighters, that this will be resolved because of how big the fight is expected to be. Jackson may be serious when he wrote this, or it may be holding UFC over a barrel in attempting to get a better deal.

Of course, its all bullshit.

That big lad should have won last nite, his shity cardio let him down!

I think kimbos match up is ideal for him as your man "big Country" (knobead) is overweight as f**k which will be good for kimbos somewhat suspect cardio (tho i hear its improving)!

Want kimbo to do well but i cant see him winning it unless his ground game an fitness improve! Look forward to any fight he gets a stand up brawl in tho!!

That big lad should have won last nite, his shity cardio let him down!

I actually scored both the first and second rounds to Shivers. In the first round, McSweeny was did nothing while Shivers got a couple of takedowns and a side control. The second round was much closer, but again Shivers got the mount, and beyond a bunch of hard leg kicks, didn't really take any damage. So I scored the fight to Shivers.

But that would have been the wrong decision. Shivers was an absolute disgrace at how blown up he was. NEVER have I seen a man in a cage so tied that he is bent over with his hands on his knees (I believe he was leaning exhausted on the top of the cage aswell at one point). Not that McSweeny was much better, but at least he still had a little bit left.

To be honest, Dana should have booted them both out of the house.

I think kimbos match up is ideal for him as your man "big Country" (knobead) is overweight as f**k which will be good for kimbos somewhat suspect cardio (tho i hear its improving)!

Want kimbo to do well but i cant see him winning it unless his ground game an fitness improve! Look forward to any fight he gets a stand up brawl in tho!!

If you look past his gut, Nelson is actually the worst possible matchup for Kimbo. Why? Because Nelson is a pretty great fighter. He was the final IFL Heaveyweight Champion, defending it three times. He's probably the only person in the house that could beat Kimbo. I fear this is the end of Kimbo,

I actually scored both the first and second rounds to Shivers. In the first round, McSweeny was did nothing while Shivers got a couple of takedowns and a side control. The second round was much closer, but again Shivers got the mount, and beyond a bunch of hard leg kicks, didn't really take any damage. So I scored the fight to Shivers.

But that would have been the wrong decision. Shivers was an absolute disgrace at how blown up he was. NEVER have I seen a man in a cage so tied that he is bent over with his hands on his knees (I believe he was leaning exhausted on the top of the cage aswell at one point). Not that McSweeny was much better, but at least he still had a little bit left.

To be honest, Dana should have booted them both out of the house.

If you look past his gut, Nelson is actually the worst possible matchup for Kimbo. Why? Because Nelson is a pretty great fighter. He was the final IFL Heaveyweight Champion, defending it three times. He's probably the only person in the house that could beat Kimbo. I fear this is the end of Kimbo,

I love Kimbo more than anyone but I think there's a few in that house who could take him.

Saying that, you just dont know. Depends what Kimbo did in the nine months between the Petruzelli shambles and the start of this. Roy Nelson, gut or no gut, should be the heavy favourite going in.

Speaking of cardio, and Kimbo. Was I the only one who expected someone to say "I'M DONE, DANA" at the end of the match. It really was the worst fight ever. Shivers is a joke and Mcsweeny is 2-4 having faced nobody.

Personally cant wait for Wes Sims.

Not a spoiler but some thoughts on Kimbo.

I dont think he loses. Simply because would they hype the hell out of Kimbo

being on the show if he's gone after three shows, in a twelve episode series?

I dont think he loses. Simply because would they hype the hell out of Kimbo

being on the show if he's gone after three shows, in a twelve episode series?

Would give Dana White a nice opportunity to say "I was right" which I'm sure he would love

:huh:

Would give Dana White a nice opportunity to say "I was right" which I'm sure he would love

:huh:

It's common knowledge that Dana has absolutely no love for Kimbo, and clearly doesn't see him doing anything in the UFC proper.... so this is Dana making the most of Kimbo's name, popping a rating for TUF and getting rid for good.

Dana cares first and foremost about making money. Dana can make money from Kimbo, thats why, regardless of how he performs, Kimbo will be on the finale and you know, will probably get another fight after that.

I think Dana now has a degree of respect for Kimbo. He said for ages he would only get into the UFC by going on TUF, Kimbo got no special treatment and presumable got big money offers from elsewhere. Sure, he'll never be champion, but could you put him in there against an Eddie Sanchez or Christian Wellisch and have a quick fight? Sure. Kimbo's got no ground game but he could knock someone out if sorts his cardio out. In many ways, he's like Cro Cop, who also has no ground game but just relies on his striking. Put Cro Cop in the there against a Wellisch type, and he'll have him done a in a few minutes (like he was doing to Al Turk at UFC 99). Same with Kimbo, providing he sorts his cardio out

Edited by Uncle Liam

welll.....

shit fight! really really shit! wast even particularly good ground game, just bad ground from kimbo but i dont suppose many folk could get a belly like that off them!

Looks like hes gettin another shot anyway next week, could see that a mile off, hopefully does better this time! needs keep it standin to have any shot tho!

Best bit on the show, marcus 's "likes" = dungeons and dragons, comics and gardening, what a geezer :rolleyes:

Yup... boring fight, crappy fight, giant gut. How can a man who basically works out for a living be so fat? Didn't look that impressive, but then Kimbo has exactly no ground game. Dana was 100% (as all ways) about Nelson being a prick showboating while not actually doing that much.

Who'd have ever thought that Kimbo would end up the biggest babyface on the show? I actually felt sorry for the guy.

Best bit of the show: "That's like having the moon sitting on you. How do you get the moon off you?"

Speaking of Jackson:

article-0-06A6E9EE000005DC-482_468x645.jpg

article-0-06A6E41B000005DC-441_468x349.jpg

http://www.wwtdd.com/2009/10/first-look-at-the-new-a-team/

First pics from the A-Team movie. No mohawk, no goldey looking chains and no cigar is no buyz :rolleyes:

Yup... boring fight, crappy fight, giant gut. How can a man who basically works out for a living be so fat? Didn't look that impressive, but then Kimbo has exactly no ground game. Dana was 100% (as all ways) about Nelson being a prick showboating while not actually doing that much.

Who'd have ever thought that Kimbo would end up the biggest babyface on the show? I actually felt sorry for the guy.

Best bit of the show: "That's like having the moon sitting on you. How do you get the moon off you?

This was the best show ever.

I dont know how you can say Rampage at the end talking about the moon sitting on you was anywhere close to as fantastic as the row that Rampage, Rashad and Mcsweeney had. "guess what? Do I give a f**k?" Rampage is so the man. I could watch that a hundred times and never get bored of it.

And KIMBO is back next week! Yay!

This was the best show ever.

I dont know how you can say Rampage at the end talking about the moon sitting on you was anywhere close to as fantastic as the row that Rampage, Rashad and Mcsweeney had. "guess what? Do I give a f**k?" Rampage is so the man. I could watch that a hundred times and never get bored of it.

And KIMBO is back next week! Yay!

Good for ratings but somewhat undeserved i think!