LIVE CHAT WITH ROCKNESS' FESTIVAL DIRECTOR JIM KING HERE AT 7PM

Guest BestiBruce

Hi Jim

I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to enjoy so many great acts in the Highlands.

My only question really is about capacity. Are there any plans to increase? I personally hope that Rockness will remain at the current capacity and not get overcrowded like other festivals that are out there.

Iain

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jim. I understand the festival is very popular but does not sell out. Can the festival still continue to run if this is the case and also do you feel there will be a point where the tickets will sell out fast like T used to?

hi

this is a difficult one and one we have been a bit unpopular with before.

we are allowing people to go back and forth to their cars during certain times but we cant allow it to be completely free flow all the times on this event. part of the arrangement with the police is that we manage people inside the show and if large numbers of people wanted to leave we have a potentially massive problem in this festival location.

next issue is the village. we again have to protect this as much as possible as they dont want people being able to go back and forth through the village etc to and from the festival which could happen if we have free flow in and out and we need to respect that.

its hard because people like you only want to pop back home but trying to work a system for over 20000 campers that suits everyone is a tough one.

we do have POSH WASH on site though this year so hopefully you can grab a cup of tea at their place and a nice shower on site.

i know this in a unpopular one so we are continually reviewing how we can improve it.

jim

Hello, Thanks for this great oportunity.

HI, I AM GOING TO TRY AND SPEED THIS UP SO WILL ANSWER IN CAPS AFTER EACH QUESTION IF THATS OK.

Do you see ticket prices rising again next year?

SOME TICKETS PROBABLY WILL BUT WE'LL STILL KEEP IT AS COMPETETIVE AS WE CAN. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE AN AFFORDABLE OPTIONS ESPECIALLY IF YOU BUY EARLY. IDEALLY I'D LIKE TO KEEP THE 3 DAY PRICE AS CLOSE TO WHERE WE ARE AS POSSIBLE AND THEN LOOK TO REDUCE THE SERVICE AND BOOKING FEE COSTS THAT YOU GET HIT WITH.

Since prices were raised this year should we expect a bigger and better line-up next year? Also since Rockness has been the 1 weekend in June for the last few years but now its been changed to the 2nd weekend in June, will it always be one of these weekends?

I THINK WE ARE HAPPY BEING ON THE 2ND WEEKEND IN JUNE AND DONT SEE US CHANGING FROM THIS.

WE ALWAYS AIM TO KEEP IMPROVING THE LINE UP AND I REALLY WANT TO SEE SOMEONE MASSIVE ON THE FRIDAY NIGHT DOING A SPECIAL SET.

Also roughly how many ticket sales has there been is it close to selling out?

WE ARE GOING TO DO THE SAME NUMBER OF TICKETS AS LAST YEAR. THE SHOW IS SET UP THE SAME WAY WITH SOME LAYOUT CHANGES BUT YOU'LL SEE THE CAMPSITES ARE THE SAME ETC.

I'D LIKE IT TO SELL OUT BUT WHO KNOWS.

When will the full line-up be put onto the website with ALL the acts included so we can see what stage they are on?

WITHIN THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

One last question, to STOP all these stupid rumours. Can you confirm acts like the Prodigy etc have NOT pulled out.

HA HA. I CAN CONFIRM 110% THAT THE PRODIGY WILL DEFINATELY BE THERE. 120%!!

THANKS

JIM

Thanks

hi.

Was just wondering,im 17 and have got my rockness tickets and boat ticket, im going with my friends mum, shes agreed to accept responsibility for me, wene i get to the festival what will she have to do/sign? Not sure if you would know about this, stupid question ?

thanks

Thanks loads Jim, well informative, sadly i didn't get a chance to ask anymore questions as i had to pick up my daughter, hopefully you can make this a regular thing as you have dealt the other promoters out there a great blow by actually being prepared to put your money where your mouth is.

Respect.

No questions from me, just a few comments

• Sort the website out, get the people who do Bestival/Camp Bestival websites onboard if not already

• Keep the toilets the standard of 2008 and not 2007

• Come and answer questions on here after the event, perhaps even have a fan forum such as Reading/Leeds and Download do

Edited by Paul ™

Thanks for everyone's questions - Jim's had to finish off now but he will come back and answer any remaining questions that haven't been answered yet in the next 24 hours. Also, he's happy for anyone to post new questions on this Topic thread from now right through to the event and he'll try his best to answer questions as and when he can.

No questions from me, just a few comments

• Sort the website out, get the people who do Bestival/Camp Bestival websites onboard if not already

fair point and we know we need to up our game. duncan from bestival is the master and i'll speak to robby about a free transfer for next year!

• Keep the toilets the standard of 2008 and not 2007

top of our list. i cant beleive we didnt win an award last year. the contractors did a really great job sorting it out from 2007.

• Come and answer questions on here after the event, perhaps even have a fan forum such as Reading/Leeds and Download do

going to do it once a month if that seem the right thing. going to speak to efests about them hooking it up. also want to keep this live over the weekend of the show and i'll get on when i can once a day so issus can be dealt with in real time at the gig.

we'll also do a big debreif session the week after the gig and i'll do a couple of hours on here.,

thanks for your message

jim

Thanks for everyone's questions - Jim's had to finish off now but he will come back and answer any remaining questions that haven't been answered yet in the next 24 hours. Also, he's happy for anyone to post new questions on this Topic thread from now right through to the event and he'll try his best to answer questions as and when he can.

hi jim. are we alowed camping stoves? last year mines was taken away from me at the entrance. was gutted. 40 quid down the drain. no one seems to know for sure wether we are allowed or not. care to shine a light mate? thanks

also.....why arent limp bizcuit playing? :lol: