LIVE CHAT WITH ROCKNESS' FESTIVAL DIRECTOR JIM KING HERE AT 7PM

Guest BestiBruce

stop it. this is a rare opportunity to ask questions so don't fill the thread with shite.

questions for jim if he reads the thread again:

do you have any plans to book daft punk again the future?

what big dance acts would you like to book to headline the festival?

are there plans for anymore entertainment in the campsite? although the nesstival area is open late, you can't take your own drink in so something else in the campsite would be good so that people have got another option.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stop it. this is a rare opportunity to ask questions so don't fill the thread with shite.

questions for jim if he reads the thread again:

do you have any plans to book daft punk again the future?

what big dance acts would you like to book to headline the festival?

are there plans for anymore entertainment in the campsite? although the nesstival area is open late, you can't take your own drink in so something else in the campsite would be good so that people have got another option.

Barbreck Farms – serving haggis, mince n tatties and roast beef/roast lamb rolls

Highland Hotroasts – traditional split roast rolls, venison burgers and generally all things meaty!

Kingscross Herbs – serving vegetarian dishes and organic beefburgers

Seriously Good cheese toasties – all things cheesey!

Strawberry grange – strawberries and ice cream/cream and hot puddings

The Laughing Stock – all things seafood using fish from Kingdom Seafresh

Hi Jim

What have been your personal highlights of rockness so far? Are u able to enjoy the weekend or just a nervous wreck?

Also why was the Rockness Timetable that was sold to Festival Goers last year not accurate for example Felix Da Housecat on before Boys Noize and Annie Mac last year in the Skins Tent? Yet the Timetable stated Felix wud headline the tent.

hi.

Was just wondering,im 17 and have got my rockness tickets and boat ticket, im going with my friends mum, shes agreed to accept responsibility for me, wene i get to the festival what will she have to do/sign? Not sure if you would know about this, stupid question ?

thanks

hi

black isle is back as part of the pub area. they'll have their cide, lager and ale on draught all weekend. we've made it slightly bigger and added a small stage and this is where the go north bands are playing across the weekend.

whisky bar is also back but with different operator.

argyle has been replaced with local food producers operating a highland village. largely the same as last year in terms of content but the argyle boys couldnt do it this year so we decided to do it ourselves.

people coming include

Barbreck Farms – serving haggis, mince n tatties and roast beef/roast lamb rolls

Highland Hotroasts – traditional split roast rolls, venison burgers and generally all things meaty!

Kingscross Herbs – serving vegetarian dishes and organic beefburgers

Seriously Good cheese toasties – all things cheesey!

Strawberry grange – strawberries and ice cream/cream and hot puddings

The Laughing Stock – all things seafood using fish from Kingdom Seafresh

Jim. See the Daft Punk thing, was it just a bad call on the organisers side to put them in that tent or is there another story behind it?

Also, do you reckon you could get your fellow organisers to do the Wikipedia website? lol I did but it could all be misinformed, you'd be in a much better place to get the information up to scratch! :lol:

Hi Jim,

Big respect for coming on and answering our questions honestly. Unfortunately I had to work last night and missed you, but read that you were coming back on between now and the event.

My question is

I have purchased a 2 day camping ticket. I was under the impression that this got you into the campsite on the friday but just not into the arena. I contacted 'chris' through the official Rock Ness website to confirm but he has told me that this is not the case and I need to upgrade my ticket to get into the campsite on the Friday.

I have had a look on the See Tickets website and they state the following -

Tickets

You can buy the following types of ticket for Rock Ness 2009. 1 day ticket for either Friday, Saturday or Sunday. These get you entry into the festival for the required day but do not allow you to camp. 2 day ticket. This allows you to come to the show on the Friday to set your tent up and stay in the campsites on the Friday night. You can then enter into the festival on the Saturday morning and enjoy the full site until Monday when the campsites close. 3 day ticket. This is a NEW ticket. This ticket allows you all the benefits of the 2 day ticket but you also get to enter the arena on the Friday to see the main stage acts performing on that night. Campervan tickets. You need to purchase this ticket separately to your festival ticket. You must purchase this before arriving at the show otherwise your campervan will be turned away. VIP tickets. The VIP ticket is available for day ticket holders or campers. You will get access to the arena VIP area and will also be able to camp in the VIP camping area in the campsite if you have the VIP camping ticket. This camping area has been upgraded this year and includes its own toilets and shower facilities.

What is the correct answer Jim?? If Chris is right then surely the tickets have been miss sold??

Hi Jim

What have been your personal highlights of rockness so far? Are u able to enjoy the weekend or just a nervous wreck?

Also why was the Rockness Timetable that was sold to Festival Goers last year not accurate for example Felix Da Housecat on before Boys Noize and Annie Mac last year in the Skins Tent? Yet the Timetable stated Felix wud headline the tent.

Hi Jim

Fiercely loyal to T I have to admit, but first of all want to congratulate you on making this years Rockness more exciting for me than this years T line up.

Arse licking aside, I am wondering if you will have an info board or some stewards that can advise the punters on line-up changes or hiccups?

Second, is there any issue as to how much booze we can take in, (planning 2x20 packs and a 70cl of morgans in plastic bottle) and can we take parasols?

Finally, wondering if you've thought about adding comedians to the fest?

Jim. See the Daft Punk thing, was it just a bad call on the organisers side to put them in that tent or is there another story behind it?

Also, do you reckon you could get your fellow organisers to do the Wikipedia website? lol I did but it could all be misinformed, you'd be in a much better place to get the information up to scratch! :lol:

ah ok thanks.

Edited by probemunky

Hi again

I forgot to ask one more small question. As I (and many others alike) have weak scottish skin that does not see the sun very oftain I was wondering if it would be possible to have some shade from the sun somewhere?? I know there are tents but...

Even though it was awesome sitting at the side of the rizzla area for a hour to escape from it for a while last year!!

Cheers

last one as have to get off the train.

local club / djs LOVE 2 LOVE are being announced to perform. they will be djing in the black isle pub after the go north bands in the nesstival area.

i think there are 2 or 3 questions still be answered so i'll come back do them later or chris will update you as soon as he can.

lastly, i am planning to stay off efests after tonight but will plan to do one of these sessions from the site next week when i can update you on the build and hopefully add some photos of how the site is looking.

take care

jim

last one as have to get off the train.

local club / djs LOVE 2 LOVE are being announced to perform. they will be djing in the black isle pub after the go north bands in the nesstival area.

i think there are 2 or 3 questions still be answered so i'll come back do them later or chris will update you as soon as he can.

lastly, i am planning to stay off efests after tonight but will plan to do one of these sessions from the site next week when i can update you on the build and hopefully add some photos of how the site is looking.

take care

jim

Jim, big respect for slumming it here with the forum lunatics.

Rockness is without doubt the best festival fullstop.

Daft punk in 2007 was the highpoint of my musical experience.

My question is this, how about backstage passes for all the efestival forum bods??? Market research and all that.

Just PM me and ill send on my address!!!! LOL

Thanks again Jim, without you i may be having to go to ned in the park!!!!