Green efestivals camp

Guest xxtinkerbellxx

A few of us have been talking over the last few days about an alternative efest camp to the one in orange. We believe its going to be a bit difficult this year to have such a successful meet in orange due to the lack of space. It is one of the closest campsites to the arena and tends to fill up very quickly friday morning so come friday afternoon there wont be any more space for the efesters who are arriving later on. I think there is about 6 people who have expressed interest in this so far but this is just a quick post to see if anyone thinks it is a good idea before we go ahead and make plans!

As I've said to you, count me in. I'd say a good name for the camp would be Camp Rivendell :blink:.

It's a bit early but doesn't hurt to make a thread about this. Even if a lot of people are in two minds about where to camp at the very least it doesn't hurt to have a backup plan. Say if some would rather camp in Orange but when they arrive it turned out to be unsuitable they could always come along and join us.

Just let me know where you are planning and first one there rings etc.. same as last year and I will see if our lot make it close, they usually want to pitch where their legs will carry them, never camped on Green so not sure of difficulty in location, especially on the Friday when the security seem to usher you in the way they wnat you to go

Green is rather easy to get to. If you head along the path in Orange you arrive at the Green and Grey entrances. I think you can also get in from the other side.

While green still gets plenty of people, there is still a fair bit of open space, you could even get a game of cricket or a kickabout going. The toilets are generally much cleaner and the water doesn't seem to run out.

Yep green is very easy to get to, you have to go into orange camp like you would anyway and then there is a path to it by the second block of toilets. Like Mark said its not as if there is no one camping in there but you generally do have alot of room, no tents right next to yours or anything like that! I guess it would be great for both of you if your coming in a group as guranteed space together then ;)

Well i'm sticking to the orginal orange!

They guys last year were great and most of them are still camping together in orange and the lovely laura did a fantastic job last year! So i'll be in orange or wherever they are all going!

Good luck with your new camp!

Hi All

I spoke to all my plus 1's last night and they really want to make their way down to Orange again, the plan for us is to get there really early and put all our friends tents up who can't make it until later, they know it will fill up early but we are gonna try to get around that, they feel that orange is perfect location and it will be easier for everyone to find us if we are in same or similar plot as last year, the more the merrier.

Aww I have to visit two camps now! That's gonna be my logistical nightmare - probably camping in blue or wherever we end up, will visit though.

Mark's got my mobile no so text me where you end up.