Have you seen this...

Guest randy marsh

Why isn't it ethical when hes clearly told them they will NOT get in.

If hes been duplicitous about it, or left it ambiguous as to whether or not they'll get in, then yeah f**k him.

He hasn't though, and I bet hes sat at home and cannot believe his f**king luck :unsure: some people really are desperate to get a ticket this year, which is a shame, I hope they really can afford it.

Lets hope it doesn't turn up on Jim Devines next expenses list :lol:

Edited by tylerdurden

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why isn't it ethical when hes clearly told them they will NOT get in.

If hes been duplicitous about it, or left it ambiguous as to whether or not they'll get in, then yeah f**k him.

He hasn't though, and I bet hes sat at home and cannot believe his f**king luck :unsure: some people really are desperate to get a ticket this year, which is a shame, I hope they really can afford it.

Lets hope it doesn't turn up on Jim Devines next expenses list :lol:

This is getting people quite worked-up. I guess it is the ethos of Glasto which is broadly anti-capitalist which is at the root of the angst. It is a hard call now with multi-millionaire bands, commercial stalls and even the way that charities operate to get cash.

I think it is harsh to say it is un-ethical. The seller cannot be much clearer that these do not gain you entry to the fest and if someone wants to pay £100+ for a piece of paper than who are we to say they shouldn't. Anything is worth what people will pay for it - as long as the seller is not mis-leading.

As the seller is obviously going to Glasto they are probably just raising cash to spend there. What harm is there in that?

I would not do it myself but I find it hard to knock the fellow for trying....

i dont really see any thing wrong with this, they have made it clear that these are not valid tickets and any idiot who bids £100 without reading the description kind of deserves something. I am now tempted to put mine up :unsure: as i am struggling to get enough money to eat and drink there (any excess money could find its way to a charity)

ah, laissez faire capitalism. done us well so far, hasn't it? :unsure:

lets sell mortgages to people who don't understand them, powdered milk to people who don't realise the consequences. If people want to buy it and people want to sell it, where's the problem?

Really, call me all sorts of c**t, but I can't go along with that.

This is getting people quite worked-up. I guess it is the ethos of Glasto which is broadly anti-capitalist which is at the root of the angst. It is a hard call now with multi-millionaire bands, commercial stalls and even the way that charities operate to get cash.

I think it is harsh to say it is un-ethical. The seller cannot be much clearer that these do not gain you entry to the fest and if someone wants to pay £100+ for a piece of paper than who are we to say they shouldn't. Anything is worth what people will pay for it - as long as the seller is not mis-leading.

As the seller is obviously going to Glasto they are probably just raising cash to spend there. What harm is there in that?

I would not do it myself but I find it hard to knock the fellow for trying....

I agree that the advert is not misleading...it quite clearly states what the product is however there will be some (stupid or not) that will buy the ticket believing that somehow it will gain them entry....hence the £100 plus price ticket. If these were to be sold as "memorabilia" then sell them after the event.....if people truly wanted them as collectors items then they will still be happy to pay. I am suspicious of the short sale time that would allow people to purchase them before the event. Warnings are in place but it is a bit like telling a child not to drink the bleach under the sink.....most will listnen but there is always one that thinks its pretty colours will taste nice. I would love to see how many of these turn up at the gates on Weds.

Fair point Jamsey. Some people need protecting from themselves and is is difficult without knowing the seller whether he is genuinely selling it as a novelty or more cynically profiteering.

Either way someone should tell the bidders that my blank ticket is half the current price bid.... ;)

omg all this ethics is starting to get old! can you look at your own life and tell me you never do anything unethical? i doubt it!

What gives you guys the right to ruin his auction for something that is allowed to be sold and he has stated wont get you into the festival several times! I think you are the ones being unethical trying to stop it.

And to people saying its unethical to sell to stupid people who think they will be able to get in! If you cant read the listing you shouldnt be bidding in the first place so you get what you deserve!