Taking Cheese to Glastonbury...

Guest Rufus Gwertigan

I love cheese, especially when not drinking. Now I don't have the option of taking an ice box with me, but I usually will take a nice camembert or even some Stilton with me. But has anyone any ideas of a different cheese, that doesn't mind getting warm, or even where I can buy cheese on site. Someone said there was but I am unsure.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love cheese, especially when not drinking. Now I don't have the option of taking an ice box with me, but I usually will take a nice camembert or even some Stilton with me. But has anyone any ideas of a different cheese, that doesn't mind getting warm, or even where I can buy cheese on site. Someone said there was but I am unsure.

You can keep most cheeses out of the fridge for roughly 2-3 days if kept in shady relatively cool spot.

Alternatively, very hard cheeses like Parmesan or Pecorino don't require keeping in the fridge at all (although not the most cracker friendly! hehe). Based on that Manchego is pretty hard, so I'm thinking you would probably be alright with a bit of manchego kept in the shade, and on a plus side Manchego is yummy!!

NKP

xx

do you reckon those philadelphia cheese/cracker snacks would last without an ice box? i'm going via train and i'm still trying to decide which foods to bring.

any oxfam staff here? i can't remember..is there a microwave on the free tea/coffee table? if so then i'll be taking loooads of microwave popcorn :unsure:

You can keep most cheeses out of the fridge for roughly 2-3 days if kept in shady relatively cool spot.

Alternatively, very hard cheeses like Parmesan or Pecorino don't require keeping in the fridge at all (although not the most cracker friendly! hehe). Based on that Manchego is pretty hard, so I'm thinking you would probably be alright with a bit of manchego kept in the shade, and on a plus side Manchego is yummy!!

NKP

xx

At Bearded Theory, Strudders had brought me some Stilton. I was walking around the site at 4 in the morning with it, waiting for the right moment to consume it, and then i got talking to this woman, and i pointed out I had Stilton. She then pulled out a block of cheddar, so we found a spot to watch the sunrise and shared our cheese around....