Taking Cheese to Glastonbury...

Guest Rufus Gwertigan

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my favourite thread on the boards! I've just spent ages reading all pages and have a serious longing for all things cheese!

My mind is already racing with thoughts of which cheese I will be bringing and what accompaniments

Thank you all for bringing cheese to the message boards, I will definitely be bringing a selection to Glastonbury with me this year. :lol:

I had a cool, crisp salad with homegrown radishes complimented with a tangy blue cheese the name of which I forget.

Was tasty but 'twas not as nice as Blacksticks Blue... I am addicted to that stuff!

I just bought some cheese and when I opened the packet it had a bit of mold on. I cut off the mold and made a sandwich with it. The question is, is it safe to eat or can cheese have secret hidden nasties in it that you can't see, like other foods (salmonella etc...)

I have no particular plans to bring cheese onsite on Wednesday, unless already in a sandwich.

Please answer quick, before I eat it and die! :);)

I just bought some cheese and when I opened the packet it had a bit of mold on. I cut off the mold and made a sandwich with it. The question is, is it safe to eat or can cheese have secret hidden nasties in it that you can't see, like other foods (salmonella etc...)

I have no particular plans to bring cheese onsite on Wednesday, unless already in a sandwich.

Please answer quick, before I eat it and die! :(;)

Came across a little mesh-like bag of mini Marmite cheeses today - I wasn't quite sure how to react & have now been completely thrown off my guard!

This could either be the greatest combination of my two ultimate food loves, or a bastardisation of both, which could potentially lead to an unnerving uncertainty of which one is wrong - yet they are both so right! My tiny brain cannot cope with a new chicken & egg dilemma right now ;)

I know for some who despise Marmite this will be a no-brainer, but unfortunately I am one of those who cannot go without lashing of the stuff on toast (or cheese for that matter!) & have now found myself in a quiet place from which side I'm not sure I'll emerge :)

Came across a little mesh-like bag of mini Marmite cheeses today - I wasn't quite sure how to react & have now been completely thrown off my guard!

This could either be the greatest combination of my two ultimate food loves, or a bastardisation of both, which could potentially lead to an unnerving uncertainty of which one is wrong - yet they are both so right! My tiny brain cannot cope with a new chicken & egg dilemma right now :)

I know for some who despise Marmite this will be a no-brainer, but unfortunately I am one of those who cannot go without lashing of the stuff on toast (or cheese for that matter!) & have now found myself in a quiet place from which side I'm not sure I'll emerge ;)

Marmite cheeses are YUMMY, particularly in the form of cheese on toast!

For sure give it a go!

Oooh Yarg,

As I live in Devon, sometimes our supermarkets have it, I'll have a look over the weekend Rufus, and let you know if I find any!

Yuck, you people lowering the tone of the cheese thread!

Hehe.