MICHAEL JACKSON

Guest mike99

i was in shangri la and got a text from my bro. thought it was a wind up untill someone next to me told me the same thing.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were told as we were herded towards Shangri-La. Seemed like one of those annual rumours at first, but it had spread like wildfire. I even thought for a while that the outside world had decided to play a joke on everyone at Glastonbury. Took ages to convince me it was true. Although that might have been drug paranoia.

A mate of mine died of a heart attack at 44 last November. He was a great bloke and never fiddled a kiddie in his life. Now that's sad, not some bloated ego I've never met popping his clogs.
Edited by mikeb

Anyone pegging it well before "their time" is kinda sad in my book and I could give you quite a list of peeps I went to school/college/uni etc. with who are no longer around - including 2 who died in their teens and 3 in their 20's amongst others - and all from natural causes or random accidents rather than being self inflicted in any way :P Just because he meant nothing much to me other than from a purely selfish point of view of wanting to see him perform on one occasion and nothing else doesn't mean that he meant nothing to his family/friends or whatever. Similarly, just because his personal life was more than a tad dubious to say the least doesn't mean that any of the accusations or allegations were in reality factually correct either. Innocent until proven guilty and all that ... even in the relatively less reliable (IMHO) US courts.

I was in the bar just down from the Stonebridge Bar in The Park. Was having a fantastic night in the Baggy Mondays Madchester music at Stonebridge but the bar was far too busy so I went to the one just down the hill. Some bloke said "Jacko's dead!" and assuming it was a glasto rumour I replied "so's rod stewart!" since he dies every year.

Got back to Stonebridge with the drinks and by brother got a text from my other brother saying jacko's dead... I was baffled as to how a Glastonbury rumour had got out to the public....

Tried getting on the bbc website on our phones but couldn't get onto it. Later I read that the world wide web nearly collapsed under the surge of people going online. Not a search engine, or a particular website, but the entire world wide web!! No wonder we couldnt get on the bbc site!

Edited by ministe2003

stonebridge bar during the Baggy Mondays dj set. I had met some Kiwis, one of whom got a text about michael jackson being dead. she scrolled online a bit to see if it was true and it was. soon enough Billie Jean came on and we knew why. others just figured that MJ was being played and had no idea, so we tried to explain. they didn't believe us until a second MJ song came on, which obviously was a bit unusual...

Also... Jack White turned up wearing big Aviators, painted his face white and was hiding behind black curls of hair. Remind you of anyone?

Jacko is posing as Jack I reckon. He must be. Makes perfect sense. Jack White with the dead weather the day jacko dies at a festival famous for it's weather.

I've cracked it!

Edited by Arronbury