glastonbury vip

Guest lea7784

hi there i will be going to my first glasty festy next years (40th anniversary is a good place to start i think) and i want to go vip and was wondering if anyone could tell me the aprox price please ive looked everywhere but cant find it and also what it includes thanx

Not really sure what you are driving at. 'Proper' VIPs will, I expect, get invited. If you want to get a more fancy festival expeirience then there's Camp Kerala (or whatever it's called) which is fortunes and you stay in bedouin tents with beds and the like.

I guess if you know someone high up at the fest or in a band you might be able to blag a backstage wristband perhaps?

Other than that, I don't think that VIP is something that you can buy but I'm happy to stand corrected.

there really isn't anything 'VIP'. There are "hospitality" tickets.

These 'hospitality' tickets give access to a special camping area (no longer in the main backstage area), where you can miss many of the best bits of the festival.

These hospitality tickets give access to the main backstage area (between the pyramid and other stages), where you can watch people going about their work (very uninteresting), as well as get to hang out with other 'hospitality' people who have no interest in the festival that's going on outside.

These hospitality tickets are not offered for general sale. Why would anyone want them?

the only bonus to VIP is the shortcut between the pyramid/other stages. Aside from that, as EF said, you miss the best parts of the festival! Rough it with the rest of us. Thats where the fun is!

I had a production pass thanks to knowing members of one of the pyramid bands. Apart from being allowed to watch them from side stage, there were few benefits. Backstage is just a load of trucks and tour vans, roadies pushing flight cases and star f**king tossers fannying about. The backstage bar was the worst bit of the festival i've ever seen in 11 years of going as just a normal punter. People just there to be seen. We also had hospitality camping which had real toilets and more space to pitch a tent and cheaper food, but was a pretty soulless place barricaded in by a 12 foot metal fence and didnt feel part of the festival at all.

Rough it with the plebs mate! I will be doing that next year!

There's the Cockmill Hideaway site too i spose, but i agree with previous posters.... the full on glasto experience is best done ON SITE, not in some souless "exclusive" corner.

I heard Camp Kerala is Eight Grand (!!) and companies buy VIP packages to reward their "top people", so i imagine you would get to spend quality time with hotshot sales reps etc.

Just my opinion at the end of the day (so please don't sue me Kerala! )

well ive made my choice im going to just go on a normal ticket i am however going down with the hubby and a pal who hires his pa equiptment to a stage there he has done it for years so with a bit of luck i might just be able to blag me way in to vip areas woooop wooop omg a whole year but i cant wait for the ultimate festival experiance

Edited by lea7784