2010 Headliners

Guest Sim182

not a chance it will change to a 3 fays, its bills itself as a 2 day event which they use as kind of selling point, move to three days and it will be shown up for its poor line ups when compared to other three day festivals! Can anyone honestly say over 3 days V would be better value then Glasto or Reading/Leeds, i don't think so!!!!

i mean they use their "dual site" thing as there main "exclusive selling point", if it went to 3 days how would it claim its own identity and compete with the 3 day festivals that have consistantly shown over even the past 2-3 years they provide a solid line up all the way down the stages and tents unlike V, who are lazy, predictable and would competing for the same bands as they would have an extra day to fill?

V sent out a customer questionaire about 3 years ago with the question what are your thoughts on a 3 day event. the next year they opened up camping a day early on the Thursday(Weston Park) , then all of a sudden that didn't happen again and the talk of a 3 day event also has gone quiet. IMO they know they wouldn't compete and are happy to stick to what they know! 3 day V won't happen trust me!

If you worked for Virgin & were in charge of the V Festival would you turn it to a 3 day fest? No chance, if you can charge the same price for 2 days that other fests charge for 3 why would you bother? It makes no sense. If people stopped going & it didn't sell out they might re-think it but if it aint broke don't fix it.

I'm surprised people seem happy about the possibility of KOL headlining...they only played last year! Have done a shit load of festivals this year & toured the new album twice already! Talk about overkill.

It seems obvious that V are moving towards the T4 at the beach market & why not? There's nothing to compete with & judging from the number of peeps on here who were happy with this years line-up they're onto a winner. Loads of people i know have gone to euro fests this year to try & guarantee the weather, and in the current economic climate people are still going out but want the most bang for their buck they can get. Festivals like Rock AM Ring, Lowlands & Benacassim offer the pick of V, R&L and Download. Next year I reckon V will go for a safe pair of hands with some mass appeal, Coldplay, Arctics, KOL...nothing too 'out there' or challenging with an increased amount of pop during the day.