Most memorable moment

Guest ladylizzie3

Most memorable moment for me was Motel Motel's performance ... they are an awesome live band and possess amazing energy...But there were loads of excellent stuff...I was and still am amazed!!! Can't wait till the end of the next road....

What an amazing weekend.

Well guys, what was your most memorable moment of this year's festival?

Hard to choose I know but for me it has to be the Leisure Society's small set in the woods. Truly beautiful music from a great group of people.

So what is yours???

Only 363 days til next time....

Most unexpectedly memorable entertainment: The guy with the "Who Will Eat the World's Hottest Chili" placard near the piano in the woods. He had several takers.

Most memorable heckle: "Take the teabag out!" (Fleet Foxes)

Most memorably invigorating sudden burst of noise: The scream at the start of Star Death and the White Dwarfs' delayed set in the local. It's not all noodling songbirds at EOTR (thankfully).

Most memorable song names: Bob Log III (for Boob Scotch and I Want Your Shit on My Leg)

Most memorable harmonies in a sea of lovely harmonies: Low Anthem (closely followed by the Fleet Foxes)

Most memorable air-fisting moments: The Hold Steady

i really enjoyed Bog Log lll - bloody amazing energy that bloke had!

fleet foxes were amazing - love them!

and also a mini highlight was having Jarvis Cocker walk right past me :rolleyes:

we were towards the back but he was really good!!! crazy man!

I, predictably, enjoyed Darren Hayman especially his late night sing a long set though the crowd seemed to have an interestingly high proportion of mentals in it. Other than that I liked The Boy Least Likely To. I didn't see anything disappointing though it was a different festival for me because of not being able to walk or stand up for any length of time and hence being pretty knackered most of the time. Other things I liked particularly were Bob Log III, William Elliott Whitmore, Herman Dune, Charlie Parr, Steve Earle and the Broken Family Band.

I really enjoyed the set we saw at the piano though no-one knew who it was, I liked the late night sing alongs there, the people we saw in the Tipi last night, the dancefloor (popular with the under fives), the peep show and the woodland games :rolleyes:

I also really like the size of the festival, it's not so crowded that you can't see any thing or that you have to turn up 2 sets in advance to get into a crowd. The toilets are plentiful and clean and the punters are nice! No where else do you see drunks zealously sorting through their rubbish to put it into the recycling bins before leaving a stage or people heckling regarding the proper method of making tea.

The disabled camping was great, it made life so much easier being near toilets and the arena and having plenty of room to get about at the tent. Thanks to everybody that helped me by moving out of the way or holding a door for me and sorry to everyone I sat in front of or accidentally hit with a crutch and thanks for not being angry.

it was so laid back! never been to a festival where everyone was so friendly - some women even gave me her programme for free :rolleyes:

(and that fudge they were selling there was bloody lovely!!! And the ribs - almost drooling thinking about them now!!!)

Edited by Lauz_Abbott

Apart from Low Anthem in the Tipi (why didn't they do Champion Angel??) I came away from Duke and the King wishing they'd played for another hour.

Also,watching the faces of the people "joining the beat" in the Chango Music tent.........they seemed so proud to be ,like,part of a big band B)

so many........so many....Leisure Society covering Something, Okkervil River daring to play A Stone, "Don't mention the teabag"......

But the opening three acts I saw........Mumford and Sons, Loney, Dear and then The Duke and the King were all so wonderful....

In fact the phrase "Most memorable moment" is very tricky for me........I enjoyed every single damn moment!

The bit from when I arrrived on site at 10am..... till yesterday morning!

And The Duke and The King was an electric performance by 4 equally talented people...

Being kissed by Simon Felice....For a mo I thought I was 16 again oh dear!

The Acorn's MJ cover in the Tipi tent on Saturday night

or

The trio outside the Tipi on sunday night playing their own songs and covers on a guitar, uke and kid's accordian. Such a fun festival experience!

EDIT: Plus Liam Mullone and Ringo Music Bingo in the Pavilion, complimented the music side of the festival brilliantly

Edited by Aslan01

Really hard to choose from so many beautiful moments.

I think The Tallest Man On Earth's set summed up what I love about EOTR: a not very well-known artist winning the crowd over with pure talent, and the audience going from curiosity to rapture in the space of 30 mins.

Also, a proper cup of tea at the Tea Bus

and who can forget Bob Log?

I have started to talk in the manner of Bob Log................I can't make a cup of tea without bellowing "IT'S A CUP OF TEA, GODDAMIT".

I think it's beginning to grate with the rest of the family.

The Duke and the King literally brought a tear to my eye and made the hairs on my arms stand up. I don't think I will ever forget that performance.