benicassim 2010

Guest rosiefox

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I'm planning on going to this festival this year. It's my first time. So anyone got any tips for me?

I was also wondering, when will the full line up be known? I heard the Arctic Monkeys are rumoured to come. Might they still get confirmed?

OK guys as a benni virgin a question for youz.

ive heard that the festival doesnt start till late around 5ish? and then headliners are done by 1/2? and after the headliners are bands/djs.

what i'd like to know is...

are these timings right?

after do you get only djs/only bands?

if so are these bands /djs mentioned in the line up as like a bigger act or smaller act (top of poster/bigger font = bigger band)

ANNDDDDDD....

will it be likely artists like skream, benga, etc. will clash with the likes of kasabian and dizzee rascal or will tehy be playing their dj stuff later on?!

oh and finally. stages? is there more than 1?

HI will try and answer your questions 1 by 1

ive heard that the festival doesnt start till late around 5ish? and then headliners are done by 1/2? and after the headliners are bands/djs.

are these timings right? Mainly right bands do start around 5, the headliners last year, oasis started around 11, the killers and franz ferdinand started around 1, after they are done you tend to get dance bands on the main stage, the second stage has both djs and bands, the tents have djs

after do you get only djs/only bands? as above

if so are these bands /djs mentioned in the line up as like a bigger act or smaller act (top of poster/bigger font = bigger band) this festival does not really have headliners as such because of the times they may be on leonard cohen 2 years ago was on about 8, he was headlining but the main stage runs till about 3 or 4

ANNDDDDDD....

will it be likely artists like skream, benga, etc. will clash with the likes of kasabian and dizzee rascal or will tehy be playing their dj stuff later on?! they could clash depends on what stages they get put on, we will know better when they announce what days they are on

oh and finally. stages? is there more than 1? main stage,second stage, and 2 dance tents

are these timings right?

OK, sad b*****ks here was lacking inspiration and bored, so put together a spreadsheet to see who was booked on what day so far; Sunday is really empty at the mo (Just Foals, Leftfield, Dizzee B*****d and Two Door Cinema Club).

(I know this is sad, but..) Seeing as the only "big" name there is Leftfield, and they are likely to do the late slot (2AM ish), what´s the chances we have a big name to come? Quite why it is being left so late is beyond me, but seeing as typically the biggest band headline the last day, any chance....?

###### say what? and in reply to above post leftfield playing the 2am slot, isnt that essentially a headline slot :S or do bands continue to play later than that? and im hoping for libertines :P i know its worthless hope however within their contract states they are allowed to play one EU festival and majority seem to have their headliners set in stone and libs would have to headline.
Edited by HippyDave