benicassim 2010

Guest rosiefox

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaay! Foals got me booking my tickets, as I was gutted when they pulled out last year. well up for Mumford, Temper Trap and Hot Chip too!

I still think we are due at least 2 more big names though...... Any chance on it being Muse?

hoping this is not the way things are going but i had a look round on the top 4 of the list of bands playing and they go as follows

kasabian thursday

vampire weekend friday

prodigy saturday

leftfield sunday

as they are the first 4 could these be our headliners this year, we all know yes to kasabian and prodigy dont know much about vampire weekend and only a little bit about leftfield

I booked on the fiberfib.com website, but I am in Spain, so that was the logical place. See Tickets were fine last year (we didn´t book quick enough, and couldn´t get in Spain :P )

I would argue that VW and Leftfield would be poor as headliners, but you never know. I had VW headlining second stage, and Leftfield doing the 2AM main stage slot myself. I guess the Green Day rumours have died a death?

Oh, and has anyone checked out the newest Foals track, Spanish Sahara? Serious coming-of-age track, and probably the best thing they have done to date. I can´t wait for the new album!

I booked on the fiberfib.com website, but I am in Spain, so that was the logical place. See Tickets were fine last year (we didn´t book quick enough, and couldn´t get in Spain :P )

I would argue that VW and Leftfield would be poor as headliners, but you never know. I had VW headlining second stage, and Leftfield doing the 2AM main stage slot myself. I guess the Green Day rumours have died a death?

Oh, and has anyone checked out the newest Foals track, Spanish Sahara? Serious coming-of-age track, and probably the best thing they have done to date. I can´t wait for the new album!

OK, get this: Benga and Skream are also two of Magnetic Man, also booked to play Beni10. Benga and Skream also double act on most of their tracks too.

Are we getting fobbed off with 1 performance being billed as 3?

Also, Saturday: Prodigy, Ian Brown, Pil, Specials, Cut Copy (80s style electropop). Should I dig out my bum bag, flourescent socks, and cycling shorts?

OK, get this: Benga and Skream are also two of Magnetic Man, also booked to play Beni10. Benga and Skream also double act on most of their tracks too.

Are we getting fobbed off with 1 performance being billed as 3?

Edited by st00ka

Cheers.

Yip...good annoucements but there is definitly room for a couple more headliners there! Getting a bit worried though usually the bigger acts are named first, unless they're in talks or something.

Ah well still gonna be a crazy week no matter what!!

Just signed up as a member. Booked Benicassim awhile back now (never been before).

I was happy once I saw Ian Brown and Kasabian... knew more good names would follow.

Looking forward to Vampire Weekend too though and Ellie Goulding (for the missus), gave a quick listen to samples of Two Door Cinema Club on iTunes too - they could be pretty good.

Still hoping for another 1or2 headliners but definitely gonna be an unreal week!!

Just wanted to doublecheck something...

I'm flying in on Wednesday, prob get to Beni round 10 that night; can anyone tell me should there still be campsite space available??

I've read that there should be if its only for 1 tent not a group.

And if I couldnt get there til Thursday morning would that make a big difference??

Just wanted to doublecheck something...

I'm flying in on Wednesday, prob get to Beni round 10 that night; can anyone tell me should there still be campsite space available??

I've read that there should be if its only for 1 tent not a group.

And if I couldnt get there til Thursday morning would that make a big difference??

If you are wanting to camp at Bonet you're not likely to get in if you arrive on the Wednesday/Thursday bu there'll be no problem at all if you are heading towards campFIB (a nicer campsite in my opinion).

Thanks for that, I dont really mind which campsite we get once we get one.

They both seem to have their own advantages.

Edited by DMCG

if your only getting in at 10pm on the wed your going to be walking around trying to find a space to pitch your tent, then give up and pitch it on the path, I was there on Monday last time and so many people wandering around for the rest of the week trying to find a space, and that was in the big one next to the festival !!

I would try and get an earlier flight out.

if your only getting in at 10pm on the wed your going to be walking around trying to find a space to pitch your tent, then give up and pitch it on the path, I was there on Monday last time and so many people wandering around for the rest of the week trying to find a space, and that was in the big one next to the festival !!

I would try and get an earlier flight out.

We're arraving at Valenacia airport at 9am on Thursday then heading to Beni, I talked to my friends who been before they told me it should be a problem to find a camping spot. I hope they are right!!