The U2 warm up threads

Guest The Nal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the smaller the venue the better for viewing especially at Glastonbury. Had great views last year , admittedly for smaller bands, the Horrors in the Park - right at the front, The Mummers in the Avalon field tent- first row. Last year saw the Rifles in London at the Coronet in the Elephant and had the best view ever in front and just to the left of the sound desk, it was reserved for a cameraman doing a video of the gig but me, my brother and his son got in just before the cameraman had arrived and he let us be.

Obviously the smaller the venue the better for viewing especially at Glastonbury. Had great views last year , admittedly for smaller bands, the Horrors in the Park - right at the front, The Mummers in the Avalon field tent- first row. Last year saw the Rifles in London at the Coronet in the Elephant and had the best view ever in front and just to the left of the sound desk, it was reserved for a cameraman doing a video of the gig but me, my brother and his son got in just before the cameraman had arrived and he let us be.

i'm only 5'7 and agreed it a problem, that's why although its against the spirit on Glasto ( and i know i'll get shouted down ) , i hate flags, not per see, but to many like last year. It'd bad enough trying to see around taller fold but if your at the back trying to see trough flags at screens, is a drag.

• 4 weeks later...
As a part of "Bad" if they play it.

Bad was played only 6/7 times out of nearly 50 shows so far on this tour however mate. Two of those in Dublin and one in Londinium.

You know my feelings on Bad. But 40 as a part of it? Eeesh. That'd make me as moist as a haddock's bathing costume.

I am really, really hoping they play Bad. Maybe they'll treat Glasto as a 'special' sort of show and treat us all?

I honestly don't know what i'm going to do when i'm nattering to some lovely strangers and when I ask what band they are looking forward to most they say 'U2'... I think all that glastonbury spirit is going to go right out the window. If I see Bono - not that he'd fraternize with scum such as us - I will steal his glasses and shove them up his self-righteous arse.

Bad is my all time fave song.. I get goosebumps everytime I hear the first few bars of that song. it would make my year if they play Bad.. but failing that.. electrical storm would be fantastic.. a bit unrealistic, tho.. oh.. and a bit of party girl would go down well with me, too :P

Actually.. I really don't mind what they play.. my fave band is playing at my all time fave place in the world.. and I really can't wait :P