The U2 warm up threads

Guest The Nal

I don;t know what to do about this. One one hand, I like some of U2's older stuff. On the other hand, Bono makes me feel like the incredible Hulk and Glastonbury is a place of love and happiness. I'll never pay to go and see U2 and I think all good bands are worth seeing once but then ya know... Mos Def. The boy wants to see U2 as he's a massive fan but then I dunno... Bono.

Edited by shiveringsky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm a bit disappointed to see Dizzee's on before... sort of feels like the black eyed peas b4 Macca all over again. i guess i was hoping for one of the Zep alums. I'd have been happy with Willie f'in Nelson!

I'm sure there are a lot of Dizzee fans who detest U2, and so there could be a massive move out/move in near the front in between sets.

if only the Flaming Lips and Dizzee could swap spots....

today is the 1st day for a while where im really excited about them

i guess with all the other announcements i'd kind of forgotten that U2 are playing.

U2, the most consistently brilliant live act on the planet, the biggest band on the planet, the band that wrote the soundtrack to my teens.

i simply put the MP3 player on U2 shuffle and let it do it's thing this morning. waiting for the the bus at 6.45 this morning ant it hits me with magnificent 1st, the fly, staring at the sun, do you feel loved, refugee, october.............

track after track after track

man, its going to be LEGENDARY!!

today is the 1st day for a while where im really excited about them

i guess with all the other announcements i'd kind of forgotten that U2 are playing.

U2, the most consistently brilliant live act on the planet, the biggest band on the planet, the band that wrote the soundtrack to my teens.

i simply put the MP3 player on U2 shuffle and let it do it's thing this morning. waiting for the the bus at 6.45 this morning ant it hits me with magnificent 1st, the fly, staring at the sun, do you feel loved, refugee, october.............

track after track after track

man, its going to be LEGENDARY!!

'40' came on my iPod the other night. I was singing along. My son looked at me in a very odd way.

It's going to be incredible.

Blog time.

after this morning i'd be over the moon if it were 'magnificent'

lyrically, its just perfect

"I was born, I was born

To be with you in this space and time

After that and ever after"

hit that, and then hit us with the greatest hits with couple of other newbies.

i can but dream!!

I was tellin' Nal a couple weeks back that if "Magnificent" had been on JT we would all be beggin' them to play it. Gorgeous lyric and a decent bit of action for Clayton. :P

class tune.

and your right, it wouldnt feel out of place on that album!!

geezer, im so jacked about them today its untrue. the most excited since the 1st week after they were announced.

little brain is doing cartwheels at the thought of them absolutely slaying the pyramid. its just instant classic written all over it.

and in my crowd of peeps, its going to be an interesting chat round the fire at 3am.

my missis and sister in law 'have seen u2 before' and so are going to see Groove, who theyve both seen before.

another couple are Flips mad, its a no contest for them.

the 3 dance heads are going to sasha or fat boy

and that just leaves me and little bro at the gig of day! :P

down the front action for this one i feel, unencumbered as we are :P

class tune.

and your right, it wouldnt feel out of place on that album!!

geezer, im so jacked about them today its untrue. the most excited since the 1st week after they were announced.

little brain is doing cartwheels at the thought of them absolutely slaying the pyramid. its just instant classic written all over it.

and in my crowd of peeps, its going to be an interesting chat round the fire at 3am.

my missis and sister in law 'have seen u2 before' and so are going to see Groove, who theyve both seen before.

another couple are Flips mad, its a no contest for them.

the 3 dance heads are going to sasha or fat boy

and that just leaves me and little bro at the gig of day! :P

down the front action for this one i feel, unencumbered as we are :P

Only UK/Ireland gig of 2010? Only non-Claw gig of the tour? I think it is a banker.

Wouldnt put the mortgage on it mind. :P

If you can put up with a dozen Dublin accents you can watch it with us.

:P

Myself and the sister will whinge if they sing "In A Little While" though. Been warned etc.

Edited by Digi

It could be worse - they could play 'Wild Honey'

Do you mean whinge as in 'its really very crap' or whinge as in 'bawling your eyes out'. I'll whinge due to the latter

What would make me REALLY bawl is if they throw in 'Mystery Girl' regardless of how shot Bono's voice is during it, and I don't even care if he balls the words up! That will be a 'call my Mum and hold the phone up for her' moment

ETA - 'She's a mystery to me' before someone notices my cock up!