The U2 warm up threads

Guest The Nal

I don't give a fiddlers what U2 play. I'm pretty sure Elevation will get a run out. Its been played nearly 2/3 of the time on the 360 tour and at most shows in UK/Ireland.

Agreed. The song is pants (apart from the techy bass intro - which rules!) but to those of you willing to bail out because of it I say - see ya! We're better off without you. "Elevation" is no more or less a drag on a U2 gig than "Stuck in a Moment" or "One" or "WOWY" in my book.

Theyve LOADS of MOR tunes than grind my gears. But for every "Elevation" theres a "Lemon" or "Stay" or "Desire".

You punters need to recognise.

:P

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose when they play new stuff ( for me anything after Pop ) , I can go to the bar or the Cider Bus

Anyone want a beer bringing back ?

We have it on CD and DVD - I'm more than willing to either upload it or burn you a copy. Also, try a website called U2start - they have pretty much every bootleg available - I can spend hours on there downloading old shows :P

I don't give a fiddlers what U2 play. I'm pretty sure Elevation will get a run out. Its been played nearly 2/3 of the time on the 360 tour and at most shows in UK/Ireland.

Agreed. The song is pants (apart from the techy bass intro - which rules!) but to those of you willing to bail out because of it I say - see ya! We're better off without you. "Elevation" is no more or less a drag on a U2 gig than "Stuck in a Moment" or "One" or "WOWY" in my book.

Theyve LOADS of MOR tunes than grind my gears. But for every "Elevation" theres a "Lemon" or "Stay" or "Desire".

You punters need to recognise.

i love most of what U2 have done up until How To Dismantle, which imo, is when they just got really bad

i'd love if they played some kind of greatest hits set or something. would be amazing, but considering that they'll more than likely be playing more off NLOTH than any other album, i think i'll have to give them a miss to see Flaming Lips. i just can't bare to hear Bono shouting 'ELLO ELLO YEAH YEAH YEAH' through Vertigo. uck

which makes me feel bad because never again will i get the chance to see the classics again without forking out a lot of money for just U2. i just wish i didn't hate their new material so so much

Get On Your Boots was just the final straw with me

but the decision is killing me, because knowing my luck Flaming Lips will announce a tour right after the festival or play another festival i go to next year or something

goddamnit

Does anyone else think U2's later stuff isn't that bad at all, and some is actually f**king brilliant? Or is it just me?

i love All That You Can't Leave Behind. great album. there was just something a bit too cringe worthy about How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb for me

i'm listening to No Line On The Horizon for the first time in... well since it came out now

i've realized that i probably will end up going to see them so it wouldn't hurt me to try and know the songs / force myself to like them

I very rarely use the offical forum, mainly because its technologically rubbish and there are just a few too many 'Bono is God' type folk for my liking.... Does my box in! Just after the Glasto announcement there was alot of 'HOW DARE THEY NOT OFFER US PRESALE TICKETS' - Not sure they could quite grasp the concept of it not being a U2 show really - more U2 just playing a festival.

As for unofficial forums - I don't really use those much either other than for downloads. I have no interest in what Larry's dogs are called or what colour converse Edge wore yesterday :lol:

Alot of U2 fans really are strange, but you would probably think that about us if you visited us. Our house is, urm, a bit 'shrine-like' I suppose. Hubby is the avid collector and we proabably have a couple of thousand seperate items - rare vinyl, promos etc etc. I figure we'll get bored one day and pay the mortgage off! :lol:

I dunno - i'm just not into the whole 'hero worship' thing that goes on. Yeah, they mean alot to me - they literally have wrote the soundtrack to my life. I just can't stand the whole arse kissing thing that goes on and God forbid you dare share a negative opinion

... and have you still not gotten away yet?! :P

So you know them personally do ya??... :P

I've met most of them (not as a fan, but in a professional capacity), Edge even carried a tray of tea and biscuits in for some of the lads I was working with and sat down and had a cuppa with them. Thoroughly decent bloke.

Dunno about the others but The Edge is a great bloke apparently. As humble as you can get for such a famous bloke. My brother has been out drinking with him, says hes a legend. And my bro doesn't like U2. Probably easier for the Edge in Dublin though, sat in a busy pub all night and all he got from people was "alright Edge".

And while were talking arseholes here, why not mention Thom Yorke? Doesn’t he remind you of one of those gay guys that likes to lie in a bath and have other gay guys piss on him?

Edited by The Nal