The U2 warm up threads

Guest The Nal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no mixed response, it was all positive. Just read the Spin and Rolling Stone reviews there.

Number one in America with no notable single. Grammy for best alternative album. Sold 9 million. Edge is all over the album, love it.

Ah ok, yeah I know what you mean. Was recorded and released on tour. I like the "alt" U2, "beard years" or whatever. But wouldnt be my most listened to U2 record either.

Listening to Zooropa as we speak. Used to love this album when it came out and haven't listened to it for ages. I was expecting it to have dated badly, but actually its still pretty damn fine. Lemon is a choon!

Don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere else quotes by U2 Concert designer/director Willie Williams in Q magazine:-

Sadly the claw wont be putting in a appearance at Worthy Farm but Williams promises an extra special, hit packed performance. "I'm thinking about what you want to see if you were only going to see U2 once in your lifetime" he says. "I can start from scratch with the setlist and build a one - off show for the British audience. And dont worry, we will 'launch the Pig' at some point."

Looks like we will get a mega hits package but what the hell is the pig? :P

Don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere else quotes by U2 Concert designer/director Willie Williams in Q magazine:-

Sadly the claw wont be putting in a appearance at Worthy Farm but Williams promises an extra special, hit packed performance. "I'm thinking about what you want to see if you were only going to see U2 once in your lifetime" he says. "I can start from scratch with the setlist and build a one - off show for the British audience. And dont worry, we will 'launch the Pig' at some point."

Rogers Waters and his pig that ended up coming loose and being launched into the sky at Coachella?

Great news about a greatest hits set - I read a few of Willie's diarys from the 360 tour and he was REALLY keen to shake the setlist up then

To be honest you are probably right, and they have basically no time to rehearse additional songs for the setlist as they are just taking the weekend off to come over and play the festival...but (and I've no idea what this means, or whether it has any significance), they don't list Glasto as a 360 tour gig on their website...it has it's own individual link. And there's more than enough there in the 40 or so songs that they have played on this tour to pull out a 20 song set filled with classics (plenty of my favourites are missing, but loads there to play for 2 hours or so with no album tracks that the masses won't be familiar with)...if they chose well from what they are currently touring, they could indeed put together a show for a festival audience that might convince people to see them again, which may indeed be why they finally agreed to play (now that selling records isn't the money-spinner it used to be, more fans at gigs means more dosh from Live Nation the next time they sign a touring contract)...so, maybe a shift from the core set they've played with a greater emphasis on "hits" contained in the current touring repertoire??

I love this thread - so excited. I don't think they would play this, but imagine if they did?

We turn away to face the cold, enduring chill

As the day begs the night for mercy love

The sun so bright it leaves no shadows

Only scars

Carved into stone

On the face of earth

The moon is up and over One Tree Hill

We see the sun go down in your eyes

You run like a river, on to the sea

You run like a river runs to the sea

I work about 5 minutes away from Bonos house. Was thinking of calling in with a suggested setlist. Or at least a "Songs that must be played at Glastonbury" list. Ill give it to the guard at his front gate. Sooner the better so they can rehearse them up.

Suggestions?

Ill start

Discotheque

I work about 5 minutes away from Bonos house. Was thinking of calling in with a suggested setlist. Or at least a "Songs that must be played at Glastonbury" list. Ill give it to the guard at his front gate. Sooner the better so they can rehearse them up.

Suggestions?

Ill start

Discotheque

Suggestions?

Ill start

Discotheque