The U2 warm up threads

Guest The Nal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One Tree Hill.

We camp a bit further back from there.

Quite often over the years that tree has blocked our view of The Pyramid.

We got there early last year so we could do the left a bit , right a bit to get best view.

More than once in jest we have threatened to pull it down !

:P

I work about 5 minutes away from Bonos house. Was thinking of calling in with a suggested setlist. Or at least a "Songs that must be played at Glastonbury" list. Ill give it to the guard at his front gate. Sooner the better so they can rehearse them up.

Suggestions?

Ill start

Discotheque

Kite!! They must include Kite.

...And Running To Stand Still.

Also +1's for above suggestions: Discotheque, Exit, The Fly and Lemon. I'm greedy aren't I!

I take it these are for tracks which might not normally get played?

Oh and (as I mentioned earlier in the thread), then HAVE to finish with "40" with a mass sing-a-long

Howwww loooooooooong to sing thiiis sooooooooong?

Off Topic a bit , but hey !

Back in 07 wandering back to the tent in the early hours of Sunday I passed by Other Stage and

there was a group of about 20 people just watching em set up the The Chem Brothers stage.

Anyways I joined and had a great time watching the comings and goings of the crew and see the

set get assembled.

For the U2 anoraks out there , get yourself a chair and some beers and smokes etc head down to

Pyramid field early hours Friday morning and you can catch a glimpse of what is to come

:P

I work about 5 minutes away from Bonos house. Was thinking of calling in with a suggested setlist. Or at least a "Songs that must be played at Glastonbury" list. Ill give it to the guard at his front gate. Sooner the better so they can rehearse them up.

Suggestions?

Ill start

Discotheque

Good call :P

I remember in the old days people used to say that if you got to one of their concerts early, U2 would come out and meet all the early birds.

I don't know if they actually did this or not though.

if "suggestions" are limited to songs that haven't a chance of being played and thus need some push from The Nal's dropped-off-list, i'd include...

Hawkmoon 269 (this would be perfect, second or third song in, after a rocky pogoing 'Gloria' or a 'I Will Follow' one-two punch)

Surrender

The Refugee

Wire

Zoo Station (first encore)

Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car

just a few off the top of my head this morning... off to get Rodrigo y Gabriela tix for this thursday, to ease my sunday evening glasto clash.

as i said...for fun.... songs that haven't a chance being played.

but per your comment ...i certainly don't want "just the hits"...i'll be sick if it's just a "one", "stuck in a moment", "staring at the sun" type 'let's just play the singles' top-of-the-pops gig.

as i said...for fun.... songs that haven't a chance being played.

but per your comment ...i certainly don't want "just the hits"...i'll be sick if it's just a "one", "stuck in a moment", "staring at the sun" type 'let's just play the singles' top-of-the-pops gig.