The U2 warm up threads

Guest The Nal

Or you could leave it open until June 2011 when Bono walks out onto the Pyramid stage.......... :P

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhat ironically U2gigs reporting that 'even better than the real thing' was/is tipped to feature at Glasto with a tribute band video alongside U2

"One of the setlist changes may be the return of Even Better Than The Real Thing after a nine year absence. The Australian U2 Show, a (very professional and talented!) U2 tribute band based in Melbourne, Australia, have e-mailed their mailing list subscribers and posted on their website the news that footage of them will be shown on screen when U2 perform at Glastonbury on 25 June 2010. The Aussie U2 Show state specifically that "the footage will appear on screen with U2 during their performance of Even Better Than The Real Thing""

• 4 months later...

bono-girls-425.jpg

Setlist from last night in Spain.

Return Of The Stingray Guitar, Beautiful Day, I Will Follow, Get On Your Boots, Magnificent, Mysterious Ways, Elevation, Until The End Of The World, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Spanish Eyes, Mercy, In A Little While, Miss Sarajevo, City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Relax (snippet), Sunday Bloody Sunday, MLK, Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)

encores: One, Amazing Grace (snippet) / , Where The Streets Have No Name, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, With Or Without You, Moment of Surrender

Return Of The Stingray Guitar, Beautiful Day, I Will Follow, Get On Your Boots, Magnificent, Mysterious Ways, Elevation, Until The End Of The World, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Spanish Eyes, Mercy, In A Little While, Miss Sarajevo, City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Relax (snippet), Sunday Bloody Sunday, MLK, Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)

encores: One, Amazing Grace (snippet) / , Where The Streets Have No Name, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, With Or Without You, Moment of Surrender

I wouldn't stick with that to be honest...that mid set half an hour: Spanish Eyes, Mercy, In A Little While, Miss Sarajevo, City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Relax (snippet)...Has the potential to lose me and others..

I was looking on over at the U2 forum to see if the nutters are seriously gearing up to take all tickets available, it doesn't seem that there's that much buzz as yet but I did stumble across this interesting piece of info

'U2 to play a real time vitual concert in 2nd Life during the song "Even Better than the Real thing"

linky

looks like Bono is making up for missing out last year and pulling out all the stops, especially with his

Edited by didsbury_chef