Ticket Price comparison

Guest Paul ™

Ok so everyone who as probably bought a ticket up to now would have been from Ticketline (who are the preferred supplier for Rockness/Bestival etc)

As per the announcment, other ticket agencies started selling tickets on Monday. To compare prices between them, the following prices are for 1 weekend camping ticket plus all fees.

See Tickets

£120 Ticket

£15.65 Booking Fee

£4.95 Postage

______

£140.55 Total

Ticketmaster

£120 Ticket

£11 Booking Fee

£5.20 Postage

______

£136.50 Total

Ticketline

£120 Ticket

£9 Booking Fee

£4.95 Postage

______

£133.95 Total

SeeTickets are the most expensive, don't know how they can justify a £15.65 booking fee per ticket!! :P

Everyone should use Ticketline, who also allow you to pay using their payment plans

Good work mate. I always thought Seetickets were cheaper than Ticketmaster...shows how much i know! Bunch of robbing bassas the lot of them, Ticketline may be cheapest but a 9quid booking fee per ticket is still disgraceful.

Just say for arguments sake that each of these 3 company's sells 10000 tickets. For the sake of this im ignoring the fact that a number of early bird tickets will have already been sold.

Seeticket

10000 x £15.65 booking fee = £156500

Ticketmaster

10000 x £11 booking fee = £110000

Ticketline

10000 x £9 booking fee = £90000

That comes to a total of £346500 for all tickets

£120 x 30000 = £3.6million in ticket sales

So the amount that the ticket companies receive is the equivelant to 10.4% of ticket sales. Obviously they have overheads to pay but is this amount justifiable?

Just say for arguments sake that each of these 3 company's sells 10000 tickets. For the sake of this im ignoring the fact that a number of early bird tickets will have already been sold.

Seeticket

10000 x £15.65 booking fee = £156500

Ticketmaster

10000 x £11 booking fee = £110000

Ticketline

10000 x £9 booking fee = £90000

That comes to a total of £346500 for all tickets

£120 x 30000 = £3.6million in ticket sales

So the amount that the ticket companies receive is the equivelant to 10.4% of ticket sales. Obviously they have overheads to pay but is this amount justifiable?

That's a disgrace. I dont know where See Tickets have pulled the figure £15.65 from? I thought companies had a set price percentage of the ticket price. But a difference of over £6 top to bottom shows they have scope to set the price they choose.

£9 lowest booking fee is a joke

These companies are basically choosing how much profit they make, which is no different to supermarkets having diffeerent prices for a tin of beans (ableit on a different scale). I dont see a problem with the fact they're charging different prices its the fact the price is so high!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

just saw the new additions to the lineup and and i want to go for sure! too bad i'm broke as f**k right now. does anyone know how much the tickets will go up from the arlybird prices? worth throwing one on my credit card now and deal with it later?

also does rockness ever sell out?

Thx

Anx

just saw the new additions to the lineup and and i want to go for sure! too bad i'm broke as f**k right now. does anyone know how much the tickets will go up from the arlybird prices? worth throwing one on my credit card now and deal with it later?

also does rockness ever sell out?

Thx

Anx