Things that annoy you ?

Guest swede

Aye my work's the same. Quite a few folk have left and instead of hiring someone else to replace them they seem to just have increased other folks hours to cover. But now everyones hours are getting cut which is leaving gaps in our schedules which various folk have to try and cover.

I'm thinking about heading through for the game next week mate if your going to be back in sunny Perth and heading along.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Band practice today with my friend being all technical about it saying stuff like "Oh give me the structure of the song" or "The drumming needs to be a bit more complicated in this song"

NO IT f**kING DOESN'T! WE'RE MENT TO BE A PUNK BAND FFS! IT DOESN'T MATTER IF WE HAVE NO TECHNICAL ABILITY WHAT SO EVER! STOP f**kING SHOWING OFF!

Really really annoyed me at certain points. Do you think it's worth mentioning to him that I don't really want to be as technical as he was being and that I just want to have fun making music without worrying about the technical side of things and that he can use his other band for that shit?

Band practice today with my friend being all technical about it saying stuff like "Oh give me the structure of the song" or "The drumming needs to be a bit more complicated in this song"

NO IT f**kING DOESN'T! WE'RE MENT TO BE A PUNK BAND FFS! IT DOESN'T MATTER IF WE HAVE NO TECHNICAL ABILITY WHAT SO EVER! STOP f**kING SHOWING OFF!

Really really annoyed me at certain points. Do you think it's worth mentioning to him that I don't really want to be as technical as he was being and that I just want to have fun making music without worrying about the technical side of things and that he can use his other band for that shit?

My friend has such a big ego.

At Band Practice the other day he went "I'm just seeing this as a side project mate, nothing really that serious" and so did the other guy in my band so I thought that if they just saw it as a side project because they had other bands then I would start another more serious one. My other mate was absolutely fine with this but the big egoed one wasn't because apparently I "Can't just go around making bands". Well actually mate, I can. You specifically said that you only saw this as a side project and nothing too serious and I want to be involved in something serious not just a half arsed jam if we want to kind of band. I'm truly surprised by my friends reaction as he already is in a band that are doing really well for themselves and getting payed gigs.

Who else thinks my mate is acting like a bit of a prick?

My friend has such a big ego.

At Band Practice the other day he went "I'm just seeing this as a side project mate, nothing really that serious" and so did the other guy in my band so I thought that if they just saw it as a side project because they had other bands then I would start another more serious one. My other mate was absolutely fine with this but the big egoed one wasn't because apparently I "Can't just go around making bands". Well actually mate, I can. You specifically said that you only saw this as a side project and nothing too serious and I want to be involved in something serious not just a half arsed jam if we want to kind of band. I'm truly surprised by my friends reaction as he already is in a band that are doing really well for themselves and getting payed gigs.

Who else thinks my mate is acting like a bit of a prick?

Your probably right about me taking it too seriously, but I would at least like to do a couple of gigs and get at least a little bit of recognition in my local area for being something a little bit different than the Emo bands that seem to plague the current local music scene. I dunno really, being in a relitavely successfull band is something that I've always wanted to do ever since I was little and if I'm honest with you I do take it a bit more seriously than most kids who are in bands usually do....

I didn't meant that last comment ot sound agressive, when I was talking about mentality I meant "This is just a side project" mentality, to make the others look mroe important and bragging rights. That's why I asked what age you were?

This kinda attitude was about in bands when I was 15-17ish.

I'm f**ked off about everything. All of a sudden, everything decides to balls up and go shit.

I guess it's about time, it's the world's way of saying I shouldn't ever be in a good mood. It's the reason I HATE being happy, because it never lasts long and everything screws me over. And because it's all stupid stuff, I can't even talk to anyone about it because they won't get it.

So I'm f**ked off.