Road to V competition no more

Guest luckysalt

Just checked on the Road to V website, cus usually thats more up to date than anything else and it says that its finished for good now

''2010 sees Virgin Media’s Road to V hanging up its guitar for good. The competition that brought you acts including The Young Knives and Bombay Bicycle Club is making way for new and exciting music projects later this year, so make sure you look out for them!''

So I wonder if thats we can't be arsed with it anymore, and are ditching it to save money, or they actually will have some other things going on

Quite shocked that they've got rid of it, to be honest though the programme was never used very well on channel 4, should have been on between The Simpsons and Hollyoaks. Instead of 1am!

Oh well

Bit of a shame really as love seeing new up and coming bands on the bill, still I wonder if the C4 Unsigned Acts programme might make a reappearance V be used as part of that.

In fact it'd be a great idea to run a competition in which the best 10 acts play 30 min sets on the Friday night if you can't fit them into Saturday - would be good for the bands and the fans (most bands would probably do it for free or free entry if nothing else). Only thing would be they would have to split them between Chelmsford and Weston based on where you are in the UK.

Then again that's all far too sensible isn't it...

Yeah...thats a shame. I always tried to catch the bands that won if they didn't clash withbody I wanted to see. Be interesting to see what the 'new and exciting' music projects entail...that is if they're not just saying it to put a positive spin on pulling the competition.

Christ...they'll probably be linking up with the X-Factor with a guaranteed main stage slot for the person who finishes 5th...(who's going to fill those vacancies in McDonalds if they do though...)

Edited by Flaminglippy

Christ...they'll probably be linking up with the X-Factor with a guaranteed main stage slot for the person who finishes 5th...(who's going to fill those vacancies in McDonalds if they do though...)

Come on it'll be the previous years X-Factor winner filling the Maccie D's vacancy when the album contract expires and their 'I won the X-Factor make me no.1' bit is over, you must know that by now mate :P

Actually that is the modern TV pop career isn't it:

1. Win X-Factor (possibly by being better looking/media-friendly than competition)

2. Get to No 1 with a godawful song for a week so Simon Cowell can rake in the cash

3. Release crap album featuring some of the terrible covers you did

4. Flop 2nd album

5. Go on Big Brother

6. Start flipping burgers

7. Comment on how much you enjoyed your 9 months of fame to anyone who'll listen

Edited by MilkyJoe

Just checked on the Road to V website, cus usually thats more up to date than anything else and it says that its finished for good now

''2010 sees Virgin Media's Road to V hanging up its guitar for good. The competition that brought you acts including The Young Knives and Bombay Bicycle Club is making way for new and exciting music projects later this year, so make sure you look out for them!''

So I wonder if thats we can't be arsed with it anymore, and are ditching it to save money, or they actually will have some other things going on

Quite shocked that they've got rid of it, to be honest though the programme was never used very well on channel 4, should have been on between The Simpsons and Hollyoaks. Instead of 1am!

Oh well

8. Go down in the publics estimations even more by saying something racist

9. Go up in the publics estimations by getting cancer

10. Go down in the publics estimations by teaming up with max clifford

11. Go up in the publics estimations by dying :P

Yeah I know the above wasn't strictly xfactor stuff but hey ho.

• 6 months later...