VIP worth extra or not?

Guest Bigstevo

VIP worth more or not  

30 members have voted

1. 1. is VIP camping worth the extra money ?

• yes
    • no

I've been VIP the last two years because my mrs is new to festivals and it is a bit better but this year I'm struggling to justify the difference because of the cost. I don't care what anyone says, the toilets are better and despite the issue with the showers last year, they were working at first and they were meant to be excellent until some dickhead rammed a t-shirt down a pipe. Not Rockness's fault. But mostly there is tons of room for camping and we were 5 minutes from the motor. I usually go with a group of bout 12-15 and with that much space for each of us is worth that wee bit more.

On the other hand I totally get why people wouldn't pay extra, I might not this year at £192. I think VIP is the wrong description for it. I would call it a camping upgrade rather than VIP. There's nowt VIP about it. Still camping in a field FFS! and the teepees are right beside it. That's VIP!

defo worth it, loads more space to set up camp, not as noisy at night and as the cars are parked right next to it there is no big trek to retrieve your stuff during the weekend. We've already purchased ours :P after the amazing time we had last year in VIP can't see us going back to normal camping. Also...there was a section in the festival site for VIP access only with other bars and dance tent thing with a wooden floor and djs also I think portacabins with toilets?(my recollection of this part isn't that clear - apologies) so there is extra's in the festival if you want to take advantage of it..

VIP all the way! though blackg1000 is absolutely correct a more accurate description would be camping upgrade.

Also...there was a section in the festival site for VIP access only with other bars and dance tent thing with a wooden floor and djs also I think portacabins with toilets?(my recollection of this part isn't that clear - apologies) so there is extra's in the festival if you want to take advantage of it..

VIP all the way! though blackg1000 is absolutely correct a more accurate description would be camping upgrade.

I don't think I'd pay to go VIP again.

On the Friday there wasn't enough toilets so the queues were pretty long. They did sort that out pretty quickly though so probably won't have that problem this year.

My friend waited 3 hours in the queue for a shower only to find there was no hot water... think there was only one shower working.

Only went to the VIP area once, was hardly anybody there, mostly people using the toilets. I don't know what it was like the rest of the weekend.

There was plenty of space in the campsite though which was a plus and there was virtually no waiting time at the bar in the vip area

It was ok, but don't think it's worth the extra money.. unless you really need the space!

don't see the point in vip at rockness when the main campsite has everything you need.

the toilets at rockness are the cleanest i've seen at any festival, if anyone can actually find a complaint with the toilets in the main campsite and arena, you must be off your head.

seems like they are just charging more money but not really giving you anything else for it, but if people want to pay the extra then fair enough, i wouldn't bother though.

Its all very well saying that the main campsite has everything, but a lot of people on this thread haven't camped VIP before and have sounded their views according to other peoples opinions. I have camped VIP and i have camped in the main site too, and vip is a hands down better than the main campsite in every way possible, Free parking right next to the camp site saves you £15 straight away. Add to that flushing toilets, power showers, all the space you need , a short walk to the arena and access to the vip area at the back of the main stage and there is absolutely no doubt that it is worth the money. If people have not camped VIP then frankly they are not in a position where they can say its better or not.

Its all very well saying that the main campsite has everything, but a lot of people on this thread haven't camped VIP before and have sounded their views according to other peoples opinions. I have camped VIP and i have camped in the main site too, and vip is a hands down better than the main campsite in every way possible, Free parking right next to the camp site saves you £15 straight away. Add to that flushing toilets, power showers, all the space you need , a short walk to the arena and access to the vip area at the back of the main stage and there is absolutely no doubt that it is worth the money. If people have not camped VIP then frankly they are not in a position where they can say its better or not.

Car Park is £10, if there is 3 or 4 of you in the car then it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the VIP ticket price per person.

Toilets in the campsite are clean enough, and were cleaned every couple of hours meaning you could always get a clean one.

There is showers in the campsite too, if you take a couple over the weekend that would cost you around a £5.

Purple campsite (where Front Row will be) was closer than the VIP campsite, and both years we camped there we have had plenty room.

Therefore the only real difference is the VIP area in the arena, which has no atmosphere and nothing much that you can't get out in the main arena.

But hey if you think it's worth it then feel free to spend your money on it, I have camped both and much prefer being out where the party is as both years I have camped next to the VIP area and it looked dull and souless :P