Who are the singers involved with Leftfield

Guest pothead pixie

Sorry about this question but it is sorta nagging me. I have been trying to Google the singers and toasters involved with Leftfield. I know there is a few reggae artists involved, but there is also a girl who sings on their first album, a kind of Massive Attack type track. Does anyone know the name of the guest singers and toaster/rappers on both their albums and shows.

Edited by pothead pixie

The main guy who toured with them in the past was MC Cheshire Cat. I think he's on facebook. There were lots of other people who did individual songs with them, but didn't tour, like John Lydon, Toni Halliday and Roots Manuva.

I think Cheshire Cat and maybe Djum Djum (the guy on Afro-Left) might be doing it. Not much info around yet though...

• 2 weeks later...
Following the recent announcement that Leftfield are to return to the live arena this Summer, Neil Barnes has confirmed who will be joining him in front of the legendary Leftfield sound system. Original vocalists Djum Djum, Earl 16 and Cheshire Cat, all of whom played key roles in Leftfield's classic albums 'Leftism' and 'Rhythm & Stealth', will be joining Neil for the shows. Completing the live line up will be Adam Wren (keyboards), Jess Mills (vocals) and Sebastian Beresford on drums, replacing Paul Daley who is working on other recording projects.

Leading the dance music charge of the early '90s, Leftfield carved a path for a raft of great artists including Underworld, The Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy. Their pioneering debut album 'Leftism' often tops 'Best Dance Album' polls, whilst their live shows are the stuff of legend. Leftfield's live return is an opportunity for everyone to experience one of this country's most influential dance artists.

Neil Barnes says: 'The opportunity to perform the songs to a whole new audience with the original sound system and vocalists is an opportunity that I simply couldn't turn down, The good will surrounding the live show has overwhelmed me, the expectation is tremendous. I simply can't wait to blow everybody away, Literally.'

Leftfield are to headline Scotland's Rockness Festival in June, and the Relentless Boardmasters event in Newquay in August, with further headline festival shows to be announced in the coming weeks. Due to the fantastic response to the news of their live return, Leftfield have confirmed that there are plans afoot for a UK tour in the Autumn, with more details to be announced soon.

Edited by Paul ™

earl 16 was on release the pressure. he's a reggae legend. leftfield have never played release the pressure live, so this could be very cool....

also i believe adam wren was the studio engineer for leftfield back in the early 90s.

also i missed reading that the first time that djum djum is one of the vocalists!

afro-left/afro-ride is sick live. utterly sick.

plus djum djum plays the theremin (at least he did back in the day). always cool to see.

also, for leftfield completists like me, get their very first album (well, singles compilation then), called "backlog", for the "not forgotten" and "more than i know" mixes, and a collab with djum djum called "difference" which is pretty cool. it's rare as hen's teeth though. i think i've seen it once on ebay in the last 10 years.

• 1 month later...