What's wrong with Glastonbury?

Guest dingbat2

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing. They should bring back The Glade to all it's former glory.

The dance village is ok but it feels a bit like a seperate festival, like creamfields has plonked itself in the middle of Glastonbury.

The Glade used to draw you in without warning as you were trying to walk past!

visit slough!!

home of the ex public schoolboys and random charlottes :P:P

that, is not what it's like. let me assure you of that!! :P

there might be some price places to live on the edges, but its worse than a dive. its name means bog for non-existent-heavens sake!!

There are two things I'd possibly change, but then I think that it wouldn't be the same experience if I did. So I wouldn't. But here they are:

- More bars serving bitter/ale (not just cooking lager or fizzy apple disco piss).

- Some way of staggering the mass crowds on the railway line to the late night areas when the main stages close.

Obviously, these are just very very minor niggles and completely tolerable.

- More bars serving bitter/ale (not just cooking lager or fizzy apple disco piss).

Hear hear

I've only two wee moans

Sound level - controlled sound levels are ok in the empty fields when they test them pre bands starting, but a packed field absorbs the sound and if you're at the back it's not good. I miss the days of the bass shaking your rib cage, wo! what a buzz...

Secondly, was at the back of the crowd for Kasabian and Brucie on account of my mate being a wee bit claustrophobic. Encountered an ARMY of mums/dads and babies (not many with ear protection may I add) - I love the family feel at Glasto, but I was berated for whooping and sounding a horn.

It's a music festival FFS!

I've only two wee moans

Sound level - controlled sound levels are ok in the empty fields when they test them pre bands starting, but a packed field absorbs the sound and if you're at the back it's not good. I miss the days of the bass shaking your rib cage, wo! what a buzz...

Secondly, was at the back of the crowd for Kasabian and Brucie on account of my mate being a wee bit claustrophobic. Encountered an ARMY of mums/dads and babies (not many with ear protection may I add) - I love the family feel at Glasto, but I was berated for whooping and sounding a horn.

It's a music festival FFS!

I'd like one or two harder rock bands, just once. I'm not talking thrash metal or anything like that. I'm a reasonable man. I can understand why that's a bit of an acquired taste. Just some good old fashioned metal.

Iron Maiden - just one time.

Edited by sifimaster

I'd like one or two harder rock bands, just once. I'm not talking thrash metal or anything like that. I'm a reasonable man. I can understand why that's a bit of an acquired taste. Just some good old fashioned metal.

Iron Maiden - just one time.

Sometimes I think its us. I mean everyone who covers the site with rubbish, leaves tents and stuff behind and pisses in the streams (which nearly cost the festival its licence). It doesn't give you much hope that we're going to be the generation to clean up all the environmental mess and climate change when we so conspicuously crap on what we supposedly love.