Tents..

Guest outlinereality

I ventured to Merryhill last night and bought one of these beauties! Can't wait for the weather to dry up to practice with it in the garden!

Those who have already mastered the art of 4 man pop up handling... do you think I will manage it by myself? (5 ft 10 female) :)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Yukon 600. Great tent. Easy to put up and pack away. I can stand up in it and still have plenty of space above me. Lovely big porch area.

Weighs a bloody ton, but comes in a bag with wheels so not too bad.

Edited by catsta

Got a cheapy 6 man tent from Argos 2003 and still ok. It has two sleeping pods on both sides with living area in the middle. 11 year old wants her own tent so we bought her a 2 man tent which will be pitched directly outside our tent. We are only going to use one sleeping pod, the other will stay down to make a hugh living area to store stuff. :D

If anyone is on a budget, lives in south London and wants a cheap tent...

I have this:-

http://www.greasypalm.co.uk/members_deals.php?offer=3648

Bought this 4-man tent in the Woolworths closing down sale for £6. The original price of £79.99 looks a bit steep for what it is! But I'd say from comparing to other tents around it's probably a £40 type tent.

I got it out the other week and put it up - it does look like the picture! - and I waterproofed the seams which I always do on new tents.

But then I got seduced by the Argos half price tent promotion over the bank holiday weekend and bought another 4-man with a bigger porch!

So I have this 4-man tent going spare as it's pretty pointless me having two 4-man tents.

I confess I haven't tested it in the rain, but when I bought it I also bought the slightly smaller 3-man (for £4 - I couldn't decide which one to get until I realised they were such silly prices and bought both). It's the same make and I can vouch for the smaller one which I took to glasto last year and it survived the torrential rain on the Sunday night - so my guess is the 4-man one will be just as good.

Dimensions are: length 205cm plus 80cm porch, width 240cm, height 130cm.

So, if you're on a budget and want to buy a tent at the cost price of £6 and can pick it up from Lewisham then let me know.

I know I could ebay it but I'd rather offer to a broke efester. B)

• 4 weeks later...

Not got or been in one, but do have a larger Vango Omega and love it to bits. I like the look of the Atlas, esp. the claims around airflow even in sweltering heat! The only thing I'd suggest considering is lack of a 'porch' or area where you can strip out of wet gear before going in to where you'll be sleeping.

Not got or been in one, but do have a larger Vango Omega and love it to bits. I like the look of the Atlas, esp. the claims around airflow even in sweltering heat! The only thing I'd suggest considering is lack of a 'porch' or area where you can strip out of wet gear before going in to where you'll be sleeping.