Tell me why I should!

Guest Katster

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Leeds in 2001, it was ok but nothing special. I can't see V being much different really, just a bit less 'rock' and a bit more 'pop' perhaps?

It's the line-up that's selling it to me so far, maybe I just have to grin and bare the cool kids?

walking through the campsite seeing girls with hair straightners put me off, I cant really say anything other people havn't already said. basiclly once you've done Glasto anything is going to look poor in comparison.

I normally take a lot of my own drinks to Glastonbury, it will take some getting used to not being able to take drinks wherever I like, not even water (or vodka disguised as such :P ) :P

I don't mind queueing for the loos, as long as it's not ridiculous. Do a lot of people piss in the hedges??

There are no hedges !

So its against a wire metal fence !

:P

I normally take a lot of my own drinks to Glastonbury, it will take some getting used to not being able to take drinks wherever I like, not even water (or vodka disguised as such :P ) :P

I don't mind queueing for the loos, as long as it's not ridiculous. Do a lot of people piss in the hedges??

Is that code for something more sinister? :P

I'm considering going to V.

I've never been to V festival and my image of it (and please don't take this the wrong way) is lots of Peaches Geldof wannabe type girls with oversized sunglasses on and lots of men in pastel shirts with straw hats on and equally oversized sunglasses.

I'm sure I'm wrong and am being as judgemental as those who think Glastonbury is full of dirty bearded hippies, but I'd just like to get more of a true feel for the types of people V attracts before deciding on going there.

I'm not a beautiful person, especially not at festivals :P but at V would I be surrounded by the types of people that are?

I don't want this post to sound nasty, I have nothing against people wanting to look their best and all that but I'm not like that so wonder if I'd be better off going elsewhere??

You're probably now wondering exactly what my question is? :P I guess I'm just asking you to sell V to me, in whichever way you see fit :P

Edit: PS, is it like Reading/Leeds/TinThePark with an arena type affair and not being able to take your own drinks in?

I'm considering going to V.

I've never been to V festival and my image of it (and please don't take this the wrong way) is lots of Peaches Geldof wannabe type girls with oversized sunglasses on and lots of men in pastel shirts with straw hats on and equally oversized sunglasses.

I'm sure I'm wrong and am being as judgemental as those who think Glastonbury is full of dirty bearded hippies, but I'd just like to get more of a true feel for the types of people V attracts before deciding on going there.

I'm not a beautiful person, especially not at festivals :P but at V would I be surrounded by the types of people that are?

I don't want this post to sound nasty, I have nothing against people wanting to look their best and all that but I'm not like that so wonder if I'd be better off going elsewhere??

You're probably now wondering exactly what my question is? :P I guess I'm just asking you to sell V to me, in whichever way you see fit ;)

Edit: PS, is it like Reading/Leeds/TinThePark with an arena type affair and not being able to take your own drinks in?

I can't say that I have noticed all that fakery at V , but then again it would prob pass me by

and its a free country.

I have fond memories of V , but for me these are the downsides

No one wants to go - so its me on my own - which I did in 08

Getting there and home is a pain in the ass

It shuts down far too early at night

Although the bands are good , I can't say I have ever seen an outstanding set from any artist

Its the week before Leeds

It always rains when I am there

One of the highlights for me is the Indie Disco , which does not say much for the artists does it !

:P

We went to Stafford, and unfortunately yes. There were whole lines of men and women pissing against the fence last year, just disgusting. It absolutely stank near the stand pipes. If you pitch your tent near any fence be prepared to have constant smell of piss towards the end of the Sunday.

As for the toilets, we actually found them quite pleasent. Queued for about 10 minutes, but there were attendees checking each toilet before the next person went in, and changing the loo roll (doesn't happen at Glasto, simply too many toilets.) They were also very clean, probably because it didn't rain last year so there was no mud.

Put it this way, I didn't dread going like I normally do at Glastonbury :P