Electric Picnic 2010

Guest Window Licker

electric-picnic-crowd.jpg

This is obviously the wrong place to be posting this but EP is very similar to Rockness in the music it has to offer and the crowd it attracts, this will be its 7th year running now and its easily Irelands leading festival in terms of dance music and everything else it has too offer, crowd, food, vibe etc.

Last year was my first year at Rockness and its now going to be kicking off my summer every year as far as I'm concerned, its that f**king good, I love it. The music, the people, everything about it is great and I made many friends last year that I'll be seeing again this time round.

My point is that if any like minded people ever fancy a wee jaunt across the pond to see the best festival Eire has to offer, then Electric Picnic will be right up your street.

Anyway this years line-up has just been announced today, thought a few folk on here would appreciate this, heres a wee taste:

Roxy Music

Leftfield

Massive Attack

LCD Soundsystem

PIL (cannot f**king wait, heres hoping John Lydons gona hook up with Leftfield aswell)

Hot Chip

Jonsi (Sigur Ros)

Fat Freddy's Drop

Crystal Castles

Booka Shade

Bloody Beetroots Death Crew77

The Big Pink

808 State

Mr. Scruff

...still more to be announced :P

ELECTRIC PICNIC

Stradbally Hall, Co. Laois, Ireland

3rd, 4th, and 5th September 2010

electric-picnic-crowd.jpg

This is obviously the wrong place to be posting this but EP is very similar to Rockness in the music it has to offer and the crowd it attracts, this will be its 7th year running now and its easily Irelands leading festival in terms of dance music and everything else it has too offer, crowd, food, vibe etc.

Last year was my first year at Rockness and its now going to be kicking off my summer every year as far as I'm concerned, its that f**king good, I love it. The music, the people, everything about it is great and I made many friends last year that I'll be seeing again this time round.

My point is that if any like minded people ever fancy a wee jaunt across the pond to see the best festival Eire has to offer, then Electric Picnic will be right up your street.

Anyway this years line-up has just been announced today, thought a few folk on here would appreciate this, heres a wee taste:

Roxy Music

Leftfield

Massive Attack

LCD Soundsystem

PIL (cannot f**king wait, heres hoping John Lydons gona hook up with Leftfield aswell)

Hot Chip

Jonsi (Sigur Ros)

Fat Freddy's Drop

Crystal Castles

Booka Shade

Bloody Beetroots Death Crew77

The Big Pink

808 State

Mr. Scruff

...still more to be announced :P

ELECTRIC PICNIC

Stradbally Hall, Co. Laois, Ireland

3rd, 4th, and 5th September 2010

Aye Mr. Scruff would be ideal for Rockness (during the day mind to get people boppin), I caught his show in Dublin just after Chrimbo, he played a 6 hour set non-stop, the guys a one man army on the decks, his music is funky as f**k too. He puts on a great show.

Massive Attack would have been my preferred choice for the mainstage on friday, one of my favourites and a great live act that everyone would vibe off. Hopefully Rockness do the business and get in there first!

Whats the craic with T mind? Is it just mainstream shite, full of scumbags (neds as you call them), too many people etc etc.

I think Bestival and EP are on par, but it has to be said, Bestival is much cheaper. I just got one of the last early bird tickets for EP at 199 Euros, but its now up to 240 euros before credit card charge and booking fee, so your talking 250 euros.

Edited by pothead pixie

The reason Im going to RockNess is on the strength of that youtube video that was upped of Daft Punk doing Da Funk, where the camera zooms from their show to the tent opening with the fireworks kicking off, that impressed big time. It also reminded me of that first Electric Picnic buzz in 2005 which was phenomenal.

Edited by pothead pixie