2011 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly reading too much into it, it's fairly obvious that the V initial line-up will say something about Reading's, however small, as always.

Mumford now command a slot where they'd almost definitely be on the initial line-up, and if not, then their slot down as TBA (which yeah then would give no clues), but still, it's likely tomorrow would say something.

:unsure:

You say Vfests will let us know what small bands will be at R&L, so I say small bands won't be in the 1st announcement and it only blackballs them to play R&L so now you are saying non-small bands will be blackballed from R&l and ignoring what I said about 2nd & 3rd V announcements. And what are you on about with TBA, efests would put be down a band as TBC if he has heard something which would be unrelated to the annoucement and Vfests doesn't do a line up poster like R&L does, they just name a bunch of bands so no need to put a place holder on it.

I don't get it... why does everything have to be so confrontational on here? All I was saying was, tomorrow will rule some bands out, and also make other bands more likely for Reading if they don't appear on the initial bill. I don't understand how that's reading too much into it or contradictory in any way. Only a small comment, come on.

(and V doesn't have a poster, but puts their slots with TBA's as placeholders on their website I believe)

V in recent years always has a poster but I think it only gets posted on their website in summer. I guess a bit like TITP has done this year.

Not sure if this already on here but looking back at my XFM Winter Wonderland lanyard Line Up perhaps Mona are a good shout for R+L this year.

Edited by zerocouch

Kasabian above Strokes? Are you having a laugh?

Even this year when Kasabians album has been out, they wouldnt be, nevermind next year.

I cant see the headliners being FF, Muse and Kasabian/Strokes, I have no idea what they would be, but that just doesnt sound right.

Foo Fighters are releasing an album in April, giving them prime position as head liners. Seeing as it's their last album, and they've been one of the greatest talents and inspirer's in rock over the last almost 16 or so years. I don't even begin to know where to start making you look foolish and showing that you know nothing about festivals and how the popularity of music + ticket sales economy works. All I'm going to go with is, you're a fool.

I agree with Kasabian not being headliners, but Muse will definitely headline, as will somebody like MCR. End Of.

Really hope Eagles Of Death Metal play again, they were brilliant in 09 but I'm not so sure where they could go now, not really an NME band but couldn't move that far up the main stage either. Anyone know about their album/tour plans?

Also, any news about Sum41 (did some research on them the other day, from what I could make out, they haven't played since 03.. which struck me as bizarre, a feud between them and the organisers maybe?). And I'm still hoping that Flight Of The Conchords will sneak into a high NME spot :P

i like how we are starting to get more bands appear on the rumour list, building up the excitement now :P

on a completely different note, what do you think the changes of Iggy and the Stooges playing are? i know they've played R&L several times and they are playing Isle of Wight along with some other fests this year