Bodger & Badger

Guest Abbathehorse

So every year I come on these forums and there are always people bigging up Bodger and Badger, but did anybody actually see them this year? I stumbled accross them on Saturday afternoon while taking a look round the kids field, and I have to say it is the most disturbing thing I have ever seen (and I have seen 2 girls 1 cup). The main reasons being:

1) Bodger looks like an aging 90s raver, complete with head to toe sweat

2) Rather than coming on stage with a puppet badger, he arrived with a severed hand!?!

3) He referred to all the children as "geezer" in a rather aggressive tone

4) He explained to 5 year old children the effects of taking magic mushrooms

5) He shouted "shut you face" at one small child

6) At one point he put his fingers in a child's mouth

7) He used the popular culture reference of Cole Porter to an audience with average age 7

8) He accidentally swore, then blamed the badger who swore back at him

9) Finally, he ended his set by telling the children to be careful around Bob Dylan as he is often found conning children backstage!

Seriously, this man was smacked off his tits!!!! Please somebody else say they saw this, otherwise I might think I have imagined this!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was sat outside the Big Top on the Kidz Field on Saturday when he was due on at 1415...only to see the host of the stage come out and remove him from the line up chalked up outside at about 1414. Had assumed that he was 'tired and emotional' somewhere.

Kudos to the Kidz Crew again...tremendous job, and despite my bringing along an increasing cynical pair of 12 year olds, they still had a ball in there

I was sat outside the Big Top on the Kidz Field on Saturday when he was due on at 1415...only to see the host of the stage come out and remove him from the line up chalked up outside at about 1414. Had assumed that he was 'tired and emotional' somewhere.

Kudos to the Kidz Crew again...tremendous job, and despite my bringing along an increasing cynical pair of 12 year olds, they still had a ball in there

Haha! My partner and I watched him on Thursday evening. We got the impression he really didn't want to be doing it any more.

He kept looking up at us and at one point said "it's good to see you all here, especially my friends from back in the day"... meaning us 2. Then when he said "what does badger like to eat?" he looked up at us again and said "come on you lot, you'll have to help them cos these kids don't know", lol!

He seemed very disorganised and had to keep running out of the tent to fetch stuff he had forgotten, his magic tricks were awful, and he did seem quite scary at certain points, when he was shouting at the kids and asking them if they had eaten magic mushrooms!

We thought he may have been drunk, lol. I bet he resents the badger and sits there speaking to it at night, dreaming of his days back at the BBC and the big time, now he's just resigned to playing to a few kids in a tent at Glasto and being pelted with mashed potato. lol!

I took my daughter to see him three years ago and it was barely passible entertainment.

Took the younger ones to see him this year and he was definitely off his face on something. He was apalling, and his act was awful. We left after 5mins.

I am surprised that they can't actually secure much better acts in the kidz theatre. My kids were much more entertained in the circus tent.

Haha! My partner and I watched him on Thursday evening. We got the impression he really didn't want to be doing it any more.

He kept looking up at us and at one point said "it's good to see you all here, especially my friends from back in the day"... meaning us 2. Then when he said "what does badger like to eat?" he looked up at us again and said "come on you lot, you'll have to help them cos these kids don't know", lol!

He seemed very disorganised and had to keep running out of the tent to fetch stuff he had forgotten, his magic tricks were awful, and he did seem quite scary at certain points, when he was shouting at the kids and asking them if they had eaten magic mushrooms!

We thought he may have been drunk, lol. I bet he resents the badger and sits there speaking to it at night, dreaming of his days back at the BBC and the big time, now he's just resigned to playing to a few kids in a tent at Glasto and being pelted with mashed potato. lol!

we met him on the way back from the showers one morning, and he did appear to be a 90 yr old raver off his head on something, it was great for us, being from the age when he was on the tele, but he does point out that kids now have no idea what badger's eat, possibley time to give it a rest

So funny!! :D:D I have just laughed out loud at this and made my boyfriend ask what was wrong with me! So i read him out the whole list and he

was laughing too :D Bodger does look weird in the pictures, and so sweaty yuk!! Will go and have a look next year, sounds hilarious!!

• 11 years later...