2011 headliners

Guest luckysalt

I know its earlier but im sure V are already thinking about it

so who do you think could be in the mix for 2011 headliners, on any stage and any other acts you think may play next year

Headliners I think we could be picking from

Coldplay

Arctic Monkeys

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Green Day

White Stripes

I think elsewhere we could see

The Strokes

Kayne West

Chemical Brothers

Pendulum

The Script

The Enemy

Mumford and Sons

I can see Biffy Clyro headlining second stage too

I would say probably the act V would love to get back is Dizzee Rascal perhaps headlining second stage as well, but at Glasto on BBC in an interview he said he was going to have 2011 off to write his next album, im sure V could show him enough money to get back here

So im thinking perhaps

MAIN STAGE

COLDPLAY-------------RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

KAISER CHIEFS--------THE STROKES

PENDULUM-------------KAYNE WEST

THE ENEMY------------THE SCRIPT

SECOND STAGE

BIFFY CLYRO----------DIZZEE RASCAL

what would you guys think of that?

Edited by luckysalt

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the Strokes really big enough anymore to headline V? Depends how well the new album does I suppose but im guessing a lot of the crowd at V these days won't really be that big of a fan of them

And Dizzee headlining the tent, I think he's past that stage now, the crowd he had on the second stage in 2008 was just SO huge, and he's just subheadlined main stage at Glasto and is third down main stage at Reading, he's also just had 5 UK number one's he'd be one of the biggest draws at V next year if they nab him IMO. Think he'd headline second or be top 3 on main stage

Normally, it's whoever was headlining the other festivals the previous year, eg Kings of Leon Reading/Leeds 09 + V2010. Kasabian sub headlining glasto 09+V2010. SO if I was a betting man, I would suggest Muse for this reason. Then probably someone like Take That or Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Which means it'll be shite.

recently received an email from Virgin asking us to vote on which 3 acts we would like to see headlining at next years V, from a list that they gave us.

They stated that the 3 of this year's headliners were chosen from the votes from last year. Can't remember the full list but the likes of the Stone Roses, David Bowie, Rolling Stones, Killers, Snow Patrol, Take That were on there.

I got that email as well and voted, can't remember who I voted for now!

Im not complaining as I am still going to V this year, really looking forward to it, but disapointed in the line up, I thought last years was so much better (by that I mean acts that I enjoyed and that I really wanted to see). This year I have a few gaps where there is nobody I am interested in seeing. I think the headliners are reflective of this, KOL were there 2 years ago (ok not headlining) and I do like them, but apart from maybe 3 or 4 new songs we are going to get the album they have been playing since V 2008. Kasabian were supporting Oasis this time last year and now find themselves in the same slot as Oasis, did they really get that big????

The point I am trying to make is did the voting public really vote for KOL and Kasabian to headline this years festival? If it does then I think its a poor representation of the imagination of V goers.

Thats why I can't see anyone but Muse next year, the other act will be interesting to see though.

When I came back from V last year I went to see Kasabian the Monday night and they said they were asked to replace Oasis at Chelms, but agreed instead to return next year and headline so there you go it was already in the works then and that was before the survey.

So it shows just how far in advance these things are done.

I got that email as well and voted, can't remember who I voted for now!

Im not complaining as I am still going to V this year, really looking forward to it, but disapointed in the line up, I thought last years was so much better (by that I mean acts that I enjoyed and that I really wanted to see). This year I have a few gaps where there is nobody I am interested in seeing. I think the headliners are reflective of this, KOL were there 2 years ago (ok not headlining) and I do like them, but apart from maybe 3 or 4 new songs we are going to get the album they have been playing since V 2008. Kasabian were supporting Oasis this time last year and now find themselves in the same slot as Oasis, did they really get that big????

The point I am trying to make is did the voting public really vote for KOL and Kasabian to headline this years festival? If it does then I think its a poor representation of the imagination of V goers.

Thats why I can't see anyone but Muse next year, the other act will be interesting to see though.

To be fair Kasabian are that big now, I would say they are one of the biggest bands in the UK at the present time and are also excellent live. Kings Of Leon Im not sure about, they have had a few good songs but no new material for a while now. I understand what you mean by there been some gaps with people you dont want to see but what Id say to you is go and see somebody that you maybe arent bothered about as quite often live, you can get a really good surprise by a band that you thought wouldnt interest you. Likewise, some bands that you think would be great live, can often be totally shit!

• 4 weeks later...

Last year I had a list of about 20 names, and when the lineup was announced, only 2 of them WEREN'T featured in the lineup (Friendly Fires and NDubz fyi!), so I thought I'd try my luck and do another list.

The only problem is that this list contains A LOT of bands are big enough/would only headline V, so a lot of these won't play anyway.

Here's my list:

Foo Fighters

Coldplay

Madonna

Lady Gaga

Pink

Jay Z

Rihanna

Christina Aguilera

Kanye West

Take That

Eminem

Muse

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Chemical Brothers

Noel Gallagher

Beady Eye

Kylie

Scissor Sisters

Justin Bieber

Taio Cruz

Iyaz

Jay Sean

Razorlight

Primal Scream

Mumford & Sons

Pendulum

The Script

The Strokes

Friendly Fires

Biffy Clyro

The Futureheads

Tiesto

Vampire Weekend

N Dubz

Empire Of The Sun

Kula Shaker

Manic Street Preachers

Daft Punk

Beck

JLS

Last year I had a list of about 20 names, and when the lineup was announced, only 2 of them WEREN'T featured in the lineup (Friendly Fires and NDubz fyi!), so I thought I'd try my luck and do another list.

The only problem is that this list contains A LOT of bands are big enough/would only headline V, so a lot of these won't play anyway.

Here's my list:

Foo Fighters

Coldplay

Madonna

Lady Gaga

Pink

Jay Z

Rihanna

Christina Aguilera

Kanye West

Take That

Eminem

Muse

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Chemical Brothers

Noel Gallagher

Beady Eye

Kylie

Scissor Sisters

Justin Bieber A very V-friendly act and would draw a huge crowd. I think he's the most likely to be there next year.

Taio Cruz

Iyaz

Jay Sean

Razorlight

Primal Scream

Mumford & Sons

Pendulum

The Script

The Strokes

Friendly Fires

Biffy Clyro

The Futureheads

Tiesto

Vampire Weekend

N Dubz

Empire Of The Sun

Kula Shaker

Manic Street Preachers

Daft Punk YES PLEASE. Don't know how likely that would be though- where would they play? Headline 4music, are they too big for that?

Beck

JLS

I hope i'm wrong but i can't see Daft Punk doing V.

Some who i thnk might be up around the top slots. Mumford and Sons maybe? Yeah Yeah Yeahs? Someone who should have been signed up for V this year imo...Marina and the Diamonds?

I reckon one of the Gallaghers will be there, whether it's solo Noel or Beady Eye, take your pick :unsure:

Realistically, i'll say Muse and The Chemical Brothers. Won't bet against Cheryl Tweedy getting offered a top spot in one of the tents again.