Have A Great Time Next Week

Guest Bunny

Hey all - just wanted to say hope you all have great time next weekend.

I've just sold my tickets - first time I'm not going since '98. Not that I don't like the line-up, but after the amount of people they are cramming now, toilet queues, bar queues - I had a flash back to how irritated I was getting las year.

I think it's more my age than anything! Plus, I remember how it used to be! (Hylands Park this is) - When the Main Stage was in it's rightful place!!

Someone let me know how good Jamie T was......

This is abit of a late call isnt it.

This will be my 12th V, and I agree that over the years hylands has got busier. I also agree that the main stage should be put back onto the slope where it belongs.

Saying that though, I still love going, have a great time each year and think that this years line up is one of the best ever.

I keep thinking it will be my last year too, but I don't think I could be at home watching it on channel 4, knowing I could of gone. Especially when seeing everyone bounce to God is a DJ.

Its a shame to lose a fellow veteran, but I hope not to retire for a good few years yet.

The young family thing is a good reason but wait till there a little older or you have more kids. Then you'll be praying for a weekend away at a festival! Trust me I have 2 boys and as much as I love them to bits and wouldn't change them for the world a weekend break from them is a pleasant thought!

Enjoy your family holiday mate, that's what's being a parent is all about

Like some of you I've been going since the very early days, in fact I was at V96 (Hylands). I much prefer other festivals nowadays but can't quite bring myself to stop going, as I'm local. I can't imagine how I'd get through the weekend knowing V was on this coming weekend, and I wasn't going to be there!

Fully sympathise withn those who've given it up this year. It was a close call for me this year I have to tell you. Most of my mates have chucked it in this year for some of the reasons you mentioned such as tight cash, and also because the lineup has become very predictable.

Personally though, I think it's one of the better lineups in recent years, even though I'm there for some of the lesser draws like White Lies, Eels, Lissie and Mark Lanegan. Like some of you I hate the main stage now. I shall restrict myself probably to Faithless, Passion Pit, maybe Courteeners.

I have to say, the only temptation of going this year is a lot of acts I was looking forward to seeing that I was thinking a lot of the current V crowd would probably not be interested in! (Groove Armada, Shed 7, Eels, Jamie T) But still just couldn't quite justify it.....

I went to every V from 2001 to 2008 (except 2004 - wasn't a fan of the line-up) and mixed sites - started off at Weston and did the last couple at Hylands.

I'm not really sure why I stopped going, I just fell out of the habit I think.

In some ways Glasto replaced it (I started going in 2004) - part of it's that my mates aren't as interested.

I don't particulalry buy the overcrowding arguments - capacity is limited and I'm fairy sure numbers have been set for a few years.

I think a key thing is how much more expensive the tickets are now and how far in advance you need to get them. When I first went I bought them the week before from Stargreen in London and I'm pretty sure they cost less than £80. It was my first festival and amazing.

I'll always have a soft spot for V but doubt I'll venture there again.

For those of you going to your first V have a great time - I promise you can get memories that you'll have forever.

Edited by budvar