Back to civilisation

Guest Ross78

Weston Park for me

Highs

Florence and the machine - great show, liked the way she slightly reworked songs to keep them fresh

Neil Hannon - mocking the people who go "wooh" when they see themselves on the screen - "You get the same affect with a mirror"

Boy Who Trapped the Sun - not seen him before but was impressed

Pet Shop Boys - forgotten how many songs they have done and the stage show they put on was great and included really good dancers

Temper Trap - great energy in their set and Sweet Disposition was a lovely festival moment

Shaun Ryder - Despite the drugs he's a legend. Loved the Tinie Temper fans asking who he was - bless their cotton socks

Seasick Steve - getting the girl on stage and singing to her was actually quite sweet.

Ostrich burgers - tasty and apparently low in fat so quite healthy

Free muller rice and kit kat chunkys

Lows

Madness - Great tunes but felt they were slightly going through the motions

People wearing football shirts to the festival - I like footy but come on a wolves shirt is not festival fashion

Kings of Leon - Good set but once they had done Sex on Fire I nearly got trampled by people leaving to head home - despite the set lasting another 20 minutes.

People shouting Alan and thinking it was funnySugarbabes - Really? Come on that cash cow has bolted.

Having to pay £3.70 for warm wine or flat carling. I know there is money to be made from the festival licence but come on let people take reasonable amounts of their own beer/wine into the arena. Treat people like idiots and they will act like it as shown by the wee throwing on most stages.

Having to pay £3.70 for warm wine or flat carling. I know there is money to be made from the festival licence but come on let people take reasonable amounts of their own beer/wine into the arena. Treat people like idiots and they will act like it as shown by the wee throwing on most stages.

One low for me was when people next to me were chucking coins about into the crowd. As much as the chucking bottles is a bit annoying its just about bearable(as long as its not piss) but i really think throwing coins is well over the top and you are risking knocking someone out if it whacks them on the head

HILIGHTS:

Madness! loved midnight boat to cairo!

Faithless - they played Salva Mea!

Charlatans - electric atomosphere!

Dominoes pizza wagon!

The Coral for just being the Coral!

The setlist at the Friday night Indie disco!

The organisation leaving the site this year - better planned and organised that any other time I've been... out of the site in 2 hrs.

The weather staying good for the majority of the weekend.

The people we were camped next to.

LOLIGHTS:

Paul Weller's setlist: no wild wood, love-less, peacock suit, out of the sinking, brand new start, science etc and town called malice instead of eton rifles for a jam song.

Editors - a bit lack lustre IMO.

The prices at dominoes pizza wagon lol.

finishing the indie disco with 'use somebody' was a mega anti climax cos I hate KOL haha!

The fact that we set off at 5.30 am Friday, easy journey and got to within 15 minutes of the site entrance and were diverted at that roundabout before the 'old Ham and Eggery' pub, into a 3 hour traffic jam on another motorway..f**king ridiculous. 7 hour journey was a piss-take.

Overall I had a craking weekend, great bands, reasnonable weather for the most part, V seemed more organised logistically speaking this year, apart from the way in and we all got mega-pissed! Can't beleive I considered not going this year! I will definately be there for my 9th consecutive year in 2011!

Had a wicked weekend, absolute carnage. Saturday was seriously in the top 3 of the best days of my life. Just had an awesome time, good laugh with my mates, so many funny things happened.

only a few things I didnt like, got hit with literally 3 pints of piss in the space of an hour on sunday, I've come to expect it at festivals and dont let it get to me, but thats no excuse. I understand pissing in a cup is easier someimes than finding a toilet, then trying to find your mates again after, but just piss in a bottle do the lid up then leave it on the floor, why ruin someone elses day.

the whole Alan thing was f**king annoying, it wasn't funny friday so by sunday I was sick of it. Can someone tell my why they felt the need to constantly shout it? or have I lost my sense of humour?

laughing gas in a tent is great!

temper trap were a pleasant supprise, great live, sterophonics were brilliant, KOL fine just a bit bored of the plastic fans that only know 2 songs, very frustrating. the Prodigy was mental as always. faithless were great,

oh and a massive highlight, was the sheer volume of lovely ladies at V this year, faaaaaacking hell. high five girls you looked lovely. Theres something about little shorts, knee high socks and wellies that do it for me :P

What slightly annoys me at v is that the security guys are fine to take a couple of cans off people sat quietly minding their own business, yet seem less keen to target the boozed up lads causing trouble and annoying people. Bit more targeting of behaviour rather than booze is what I meant.

Weston Park

One thing aside from the music: the weekend seemed to go by much quicker than in pervious years. Not sure why.

Sat:

Skunk Anansie: Very good performance

Seasick Steve: knew he would be good, was surprised by just how good

Madness: stayed sitting down for these, it sounded ok but I wasn’t really into it

Paulo Nutini: pretty poor vocal performance IMO. I went for a wander after about 20 mins.

The Kooks: wasn’t expecting much, most of the performance was better than expected, but I thought the two new tracks they played were awful.

Faithless: I saw these in ’06 & thought they were great. For whatever reason, I found them a bit ‘meh’ this time around. After about 20mins I went to watch Doves instead.

Doves: Great performance.

The Prodigy: energetic performance, not as good as they were at Reading last year.

Sunday:

Feeder: brilliant. Should have been higher up the billing & had a longer set.

Passion Pit: Odd. Not my cup of tea at all. I Didn’t watch for long.

Divine Comedy: Impressed with the performance & the interaction with the crowd

Paloma Faith: Same as above

Newton Faulkner: Great performance again

The Temper Trap: I’d looked forward to these in the run up to the festival, & they didn’t disappoint.

Paul Weller: Decent performance, pretty much what I expected.

Stereophonics: Great performance, one of the best of the weekend.

I didn’t watch any headliners on the Sunday. Ever since KOL’s diva-like rant at Reading last year, I just haven’t been able to listen to them, and there was no one else I fancied seeing at all. So, I left after the ‘phonics & got home about 10 o’clock.

Here’s hoping for Foo Fighters headlining 2011.

Was at hylands park

Sat

The coral - good tunes good fun

The courteeners - thought they were average but was sitting chilling maybe needed to be closer

Editors - don't know much of their stuff but crowd seemed to be loving it and to be fair they gave it some wellie so was pretty good

Paul weller - well, what can I say?! Best of the weekend in my opinion. The modfather absolutely smashed it!!

Stereophonics - like the phonics but was a little disappointed, maybe for weller was a hard act to follow!

Charlatans - massive swerve to avoid KOL after wasting my time and money going to Hyde park to see them ( worst gig I have been to) charlatans played all the tunes I wanted to hear and was surprised the crowd was not bigger - great stuff!

Sunday

Madness - great fun, great songs and great crowd. How can u watch madness and not get involved. It must be love was one of my v moments

Faithless - don't know many of their tunes but really enjoyed it. When they dropped insomnia that place was kickin!

Kasabian - never fail to deliver exactly what you want from a live band - the nuts

I've been going since 2005 and this year was the best so far. Great line up and great vibe (off course there is going to be the odd dick there but don't let them spoil it for you people!!)

And to think I actually considered not going this year!

Highlights:

Stereophonics - I like the Phonics but not overly mad on them, but still wanted to see them im so glad I did!!! We got right near the front with all the Welsh lads, it was mental, everyone dead happy jumping around, best atmosphere ive ever seen at a gig! They even said themselves at the end, its was the best gig they had ever played!

Faithless - Never seen them live and always wanted too, they didnt dissapoint, crowd was mental, tunes were spot on.

Kasabian - What a party, went a tiny bit flat in the middle, but the atompshere at the start and end was unreal, when they dropped Fire the place errupted.

The Courteeners - Probs my fav band at the min, one of the reasons I booked the tickets, they rocked the place, it was bouncing were we was! Good way to introduce a few lads who havent really listend to them before.

The Friday Night Indie Disco - Mosh pits everywere, atmopshere was unreal in there tune after tune aswel!!

Camp partys

Feeder - Brilliant performance, shocked they were on so early and only had 35 mins, but still entertained, place was jumping

Madness - They still have it haha! Brilliant atmosphere even with so many older people!

Editors - I enjoyed it, but they could have been better, they missed out a few top tunes I like, but still had everyone bouncing with Papillon and Racing Rats.

Green Campsite - Perfect, toilets were clean and good atmosphere

Lowlights -

Little pockets of dick heads. But if you let them spoil anything your mad, just get on with it, there everywere, never going to get rid of that

The weather sometimes

The luggage walk

Paoulo Nutini - Absolute w*nk so boring it was unreal

Plan B - Again bored the shit out of me!

All in all, best weekend of my life!! Stafford for the win!

Weston Park - Overall tho, I had a blast!

Highlights :

Scouting For Girls

Newton Faulkner

Seasick Steve

Largely good weather

Very good toilets (at least the ones i went into!)

Small queues for the bar if u go at the right times (maybe thats just experience)

Lowlights : Very dull crowd during Jamie T, and Jamie seemingly admitting defeat (anyone else agree?)

So much wee throwing!

Huge queues getting into the park followed by crazy walk from West car park to gold campsite.

My mate helping to drag a sleeping girl out of her tent which was on fire, only for her to get pissed off about being dragged out!!

Weston Park-

Saturday;

Tiffany Page - Seen her before but she was pretty good opening the festival.

Pixie Lott - The 3/4 songs I saw were average, what you'd expect from her really, bit boring.

Jack McManus - Very good, pity that so little people were there really.

Detroit Social Club - Incredible, really filled that tent and completely rocked it.

Kate Nash - Was boring, left halfway through.

Jamie T - Pretty good, really dickish crowd though.

Frightened Rabbit - Absolutely terrific, such a good band.

Faithless - Seemed pretty boring and repetitive.

Kasabian - Massively disappointing, left early to go back to camp. Don't get what's so good about them? Tom isn't a good frontman, just because he runs around shouting "f**king come on Weston Park" doesn't mean anything. Just predicable and they sounded no better than acts I'd seen on smaller stages throughout the day.

Sunday;

Feeder - Pretty good considering I'd never really owned a Feeder record.

Passion Pit - I really really like this band on record, there just seemed to be something a bit off with their performance though.

The Coral - Found them a bit boring, couple of good songs.

The Courteeners - Easily the best of the festival, didn't see any other band on the main stage bar Kasabian and Kings of Leon get a reaction like that. Fantastic.

Kings Of Leon - Solid setlist, good headliner.

Highlights for me:

- The Pretty Reckless- I only got to see the last couple of songs because of the huuuge queue at the gates. But what I heard was pretty goood!

- Scouting For Girls- I thought the look of disbelief of the lead singing was amazing. He was completely amazed at how many people had turned up to see them. They really got the crowd going I thought.

- Madness- It was my dad that recomended me seeing these. I'm a 17 year old girl so these are obviously not my usual cup of tea but they were so good that I've had top steal my dad's CDs!

- Paolo Nutini- Was my 3rd time of seeing him and he didn't disappoint. However, he's not the greatest showman!

- The Kooks- These were amazing! I was expecting them just to be like usual bands and play a few songs and then go. But no! They performed well and really impressed me!

- Mika- Oh I do love a bit of cheese! Mika really did put on a show! :D

Lowlights:

- First time camping so as expected the toilets were awful!

- The program saying The Hoosiers were on AND THEN THEY WEREN'T EVEN BOOKED!

- Was pushed around by some knobs when watching The Koooks. Some kind man had to sort the guys out for me :)

- My bloody friends lots me just before KOL and didn't meet back up until we were at the tent! :(

BUUUUT overall I had a veery enjoyable weekend :)

Weston Park

Highlights

Madness - Watching all the 40-50 year old men reliving there youth

Example - Got dragged to see him really impressed the tent was rocking.

Eels - Fantastic set loved it. Shame they only had a small crowd.

Faithless - Get setlist only seemed like they were on for 5 mins.

Kasabian - The best act of the weekend never fail to impress

Feeder - Sounded great shame they played so early

The Coral - Great setlist

Editors - Setlist was a bit mixed up but really enjoyed them.

Chase and Status - These guys smashed it so good live.

Lowlights

The Courteeners - Nowhere near as good as last time which was a shame as i do really like these.

KOL - Wasnt nothing speical regreat not watching Guetta with the mrs now.

Passion Pit - What was wrong with the sound

Plan B - Expected much more

White Lies - Was it me or was the sound poor

La Roux - Not my cup of tea