Daft Punk Make Live Return

Guest gordong

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so lets be clear Jim King had confirmed that all three headliners had been booked, if Daft Punk was one of them does that mean that a new headliner will need to be sought? Dead easy for someone of Pauls stature to check out B) However the nature of the rebuttals does make me suspect that this is a case of misdirection

Edited by Paul ™

I get info from a few sources, read rumours and speculate on acts the same as everyone. If I was to get info from a source on certain acts, I wouldn't be posting that info in the public domain anyway.

My belief just now is DP aren't playing Rockness am afraid, though they will play in the UK in 2011 am sure of that.

For now it is a guessing game, but yeah I reckon Kasabian are the IOW act we will get, probably for the Saturday night.

I guess Paul you have been Jim King liasion at times (it's not that long ago you text or emailed him about the KOL vs Daft Punk costings)

I can not help but think that Daft Punk will be playing and that the way information has filtered out has been backtracked a bit.

The hype with Daft Punk has been huge, there is no way they are not going to want to use this and I truly suspect that the announcement will be Daft Punk on the Saturday and despite my preference Kasabian (and not Biffy) on the Sunday as for Friday that will be the wild card.

It won't be kasabian then if you go with the other rumours/speculation.

We know that the friday headliner is a band as opposed to a dance act and that it is a forum favourite which imo clearly rules out kasabian as I've only seen one or 2 people for them of all the people on here. Going by what we have heard rumours/speculation wise it'll be primal scream.

Saturday was looking likely to be Daft punk for a while and would fit in with the one big dance act over the weekend. if we take IoW headliners it could be kasabian (see above) or KoL (which if it is an actual UK fest exclusive rules them out). Nothing to say it will or won't be DP but looks unlikely now.

Sunday assuming we are sharing a headlienr with IoW and the saturday wasn't the shared headliner then we have KoL, Pulp or the foo fighters to choose from, as above with KoL leaves us with Pulp or the foo fighters.

Friday - Primal Scream (definetly a band which is supposedly a festie favourite)

Saturday - Daft Punk (hopefully this comes true I reckon it'll be a biggish dance act though chems or underworld maybe?)

Sunday - Pulp or Foo Fighters (IoW shared headliner)

Even if Rockness dont share any of their headline acts, it wouldnt be impossible that Rockness gets a headline act that will still end up playing IOW imo, in the grand scheme of things IOW is still a bigger festival, although it could be laughed at could see Primal Scream playing under Kasabian for example. That and going by the past few IOW lineups some of the acts playing underneath headliners or even in their second stage could easily headline Rockness, Pixies and Orbital for example.

As much as I love to know who a headline act is, it doesn't really sway me alot. I'm going to Rockness regardless. It's usually all the other acts I get excited about like last year I had never seen Boys Noize, Dan le Sac, Bloody Beetroots and Booka Shade and they were some of the highlights of my weekend. Point is, the headliner isn't the be all and end all of the festival. Who cares if Kasabian play, there's like a hundred other acts to keep you happy. An hour and a half missed on a headline act isn't going to ruin your weekend. Not for me anyway.

But then I can see why people do want a decent headliner, just I don't think it's worth getting pissed about it.

I don't really bother too much with headliners but It would be great to have a couple that I actually care about, last one I really cared about was probably The Flaming Lips.

I think though with the headliners it sets the tone for the whole festival, the headliners in 09 were excellent and the whole festival had a better vibe about it. It felt more like a festival like Bestival or Connect, where if you start going for the big hitters like Kasabian you have the problem of turning into a mini TITP. Obviously the main objective for the organisers is to make money and sell tickets so they need to book bands that sell tickets. Connect was a cracking idea for a festival but clearly didn't work. I'd love for Rockness to keep going in the way of being similar to Bestival in some ways.

I just think the festival has changed a few years over the few years it's been about and they need to decide what direction they want the festival to take and stick with it one way or another.