Daft Punk Make Live Return

Guest gordong

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite an awesome line up but for a lot of those acts there popularity has ballooned and obviously some has weaned too (can't imagine Kula Shaker being higher up the bill than Foo Fighters today) in the past 14 years next summer..... I'm sure if you look at some of today's festivals line ups in 13 years they would be considered incredible too.

all the acts on that poster are either completely massive or completely non existant / irrelevant now! just the way it goes. agreed that if you look back on todays festival line ups 10 years from now your jaw might drop more! for example arctic monkeys in a tiny tent at leeds / reading 2005

haha and people take the piss out of NME and their taste in bands today, that NME stage was god awful when you look back!!

Edited by Memory Man

I saw Arctic Monkeys at Reading 2005 in that tent, was insane, proper rammed and buzzing, I lost my mate as soon as they started cus of everyone bouncing and didn't find him until the end at which point he was shoeless! Ha ha, he found them eventually once everyone had emptied out luckily!

Yeah, its always the way with fests Ive got all the V posters from 1996 and just had a look and its a continuing trend

EDIT - The NME stage, I think Bluetones day looks alright, look how low the Phonics are ha ha, but Gene, Bluetones and Longpigs 90's indie heaven!

Edited by luckysalt